Which snow blower should I order?

/ Which snow blower should I order? #1  

hdm1

Tractor
Toolcat 5600 F series
I have just purchased a new 5600 f series high flow with a bucket and grader attachment. I want to order either a 66" SB200 or a 72" SB200 but am concerned what will work best with wet snow. The dealer has a standard flow 66" in stock and a 72" high flow arriving anyday, my gut is telling me to order a 66" high flow. I would like to get the 72" as I could then use it on my skidsteer but would be disappointed if it performs poorly on my toolcat. My gravel driveway is approx one km long with some steep sections. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also wondering if the F series has any improvements on the four wheel drive system compared to the D series as my dealer had no clue.

/ Which snow blower should I order? #2  
The only differences of the two is the 6" width and 25 lb. wieght. Going through deep wet snow with first pass you may have to slow down but after that you could always take a narrower cut with the 72" to get same performance as the 66". This is assuming dealer orders blower with the same motor package. There are 2 motor options avaialbe for the Hi-flow, a 8.0 motor or 9.6. 8.0 gives more fan speed while 9.6 produces more torque with less HP draw on the engine in identical application. Bobcat recommends the 9.6 motor for the 5600 Hi-flow for best all around performance.

I don't think three were any signifcant changes in drive system from the D to F series. Most noticeable change was the engine went from V2003 (2L) to the V2607 (2.6L) for Interim Teir4 complinace.

/ Which snow blower should I order?
Thanks Dennis, I will check the motor on the 72" high flow when it arrives at dealership to make sure it is the 9.6.

/ Which snow blower should I order? #4  
I have a "D" series TC and I mostly use the 72" SB-200 (hiflow/9.6). Our snow is typically wet, soggy crud. It's a fun day when I get into some decent powder. The blower width has turned out to be important for me as the extra width allows one to cut into the berm next to the road and cut it back while keeping the tires on relatively solid footing. Also, an advantage the "f" may have over the "d" is that it may be easier for exhaust gases to excape when cutting adjacent to a berm that is to the right of the TC.

I've found that the wet crud doesn't cast as far as I'd like to see...however, it is usually adequate. I try to keep in mind that the idea is to cast it just far enough to minimize the energy (fuel) usage and yet do the job. Keep the 7-pin connector between the blower and the TC clean. You'll also want to check the electrical interface between your proposed blower and your skidsteer. If your skid is a Bobcat and it has the 7-pin connector, I believe you'll be in good shape. The 7-pin system is a "CAN bus"...not a KISS "dumb" interface. Interfacing non-Bobcat equipment (or older Bobcat equipment) to a new Bobcat blower could prove to be "interesting".

Thanks Spudgunner, your point on the extra width with 72" is something I hadn't thought of but I agree keeping the wheels on good footing is important so I will definitely go for the 72" high flow with 9.6 motor. My skidsteer does not have the 7 pin connector so I think I will simply leave the hydraulic angle snowplow on skid steer (works very well) and only use the snowblower on the Toolcat.

/ Which snow blower should I order? #6  
I've owned both the Hi-Speed fan version of the 72" SB-200 and the Hi-Torque fan version of the 72" SB-200. THe Hi-Torque version would chew thru anything without slowing down at all but it only threw the snow a short distance 8-10 feet at most. The Hi-Speed fan version throws the snow twice as far but I have to take it a little slower in heavy wet or compacted snow.

DEWFPO

Hmmmmm just when I thought I had it figured out! LOL I guess I will have to wait and see what the dealer gets delivered and decide then. Thanks for all of your comments.

/ Which snow blower should I order? #8  
I have a sb200 72'' and use it primarily on my Toolcat. It is not High flow, and blows better than my S185 Skidloader. You won't have any problems with the 72''

/ Which snow blower should I order? #9  
I just used my SB200 for the first time this week with my 5600 high flow. 13 inches of wet heavy snow. The SB200 78" is standard flow. If I need a little boost I just hold the high flow button on. The blower pump is rated for 25 - 31 gallons/min. The toolcat is rated at 27 gal/min on high flow. But the computer will not let me keep high flow on unless I hold the button.

Last edited:
   / Which snow blower should I order? #10  
I just used my SB200 for the first time this week with my 5600 high flow. 13 inches of wet heavy snow. The SB200 72" is standard flow. If I need a little boost I just hold the high flow button on. The blower pump is rated for 30 gallons/min. The toolcat is rated at 27 gal/min on high flow. But the computer will not let me keep high flow on unless I hold the button.

I'm curious how you determined that your blower motor can handle 30 GPM. If it can handle that, it would seem like you have a HF-capable machine. My cynical mind is wondering if the only difference between a standard flow and HF blower is now the blower "computer/controller". That would be amazing. FWIW, the controller on the HF blower will turn the Toolcat's HF on automatically.

If ALL Bobcat blowers are HF-capable, hydraulic-wise, then I'm wondering if you can simply change the controller to the HF version and POOF...yas gotta HF blower. Sounds like it could be a cool hack.