Toolcat Heating Problem

/ Toolcat Heating Problem #1  

komaciej

Tractor
2003 Bobcat Toolcat
I have just bought a 2003 Toolcat 5600 and there is no heat in the cab. The blower seems to work fine but only blows cold air. I have checked the coolant level and it seems fine. I just installed a new thermostat because i thought that was the issue. I also checked the heater valve and that seemed fine but just to be sure i have bypassed it and still nothing. I have noticed that when i turn the machine off that there seems to be a lot of bubbling out of the coolant container. When i turn on the ac the compressor kicks in and it seem to work just fine.

PLEASE HELP the snow is coming and i need it to start working

Thanks

/ Toolcat Heating Problem #2  
I would open up the coolant bleed valve to get any air out of the system as you could have an air lock. Are the heater hoses hooked up to the stock locations? Has someone installed a manual ball valve somewhere to shut off hot water flow in summer?

/ Toolcat Heating Problem
Where would the bleed valve be? I cant seem to find anything in the service manual. As far as i can tell all the hoses are hooked up where they should be. As for the ball valve i don't think that there is but i am not sure where to look

/ Toolcat Heating Problem #4  
Not sure if a 2003 has a bleed valve but check operators manual. With engine cold you want to loosen any hose or plug near top of engine until air bleeds out and the retighten. When engine running and hot do the heater hoses get hot? You said you bypassed heater valve which is a common problem, did you remove it entirely?

/ Toolcat Heating Problem
As far as i can see in the shop manual, there is no bleed valve. I loosened all the hoses on the top and got as much of the air out as posable. I removed the valve all together and just installed a ball valve. i also noticed that the radiator fan is kicking in very quickly after the engine turned on, and the radiator never gets warm. As well it seems like the fluid level in the reservoir keeps going up and down. I have just installed a new cap on the reservoir because i thought that the pressure is not building up properly.

/ Toolcat Heating Problem #6  
Is the engine getting up to operating temp? If it isn't you probably need a new thermostat. If it is are the hoses to heater core getting hot? If engine getting hot and heater hoses are not I would disconnect them both from engine and run water through them with a garden hose to see if water can flow freely through heater core and hoses.

/ Toolcat Heating Problem #7  
Some tractors have auxillary valves to cut off the supply of hot water from the radiator to run just the fan in the summer time.