Toolcat 7 pin connector corrosion

/ Toolcat 7 pin connector corrosion #1  

Roger G

I have been having a lot of trouble keeping my electrical connection in the 7-pin connectors for attachments on Toolcat booms, mainly when using snowblowers and snow v-plows. Even when new, always after about one year the connection becomes weak and will cause an error code 50-56 that either turns off the auxiliary hydraulics or stops the machine abruptly. I have tried cleaning the connection with electrical contact cleaners, using a tiny dental floss brush to clean the holes, and still cannot get these connectors to last. The only solution I have found so far is to replace the 7-pin connector, but that involves buying a complete new wiring harness for the Toolcat and/or snowblower or V-plow at around $150 each. Than the connector works fine for a year and the same problem shows up again. Does anyone know of a solution to keep the connector functioning or something to keep the contacts from corroding?

/ Toolcat 7 pin connector corrosion #2  
Buy a can of dielectric grease and thoroughly coat each side of the connector and fill all the pin holes, reapply periodically.

/ Toolcat 7 pin connector corrosion #3  
Buy a can of dielectric grease and thoroughly coat each side of the connector and fill all the pin holes, reapply periodically.

That should do it.....or keep sprayed with Krown or Fluid Film which are also safe on electronics.

/ Toolcat 7 pin connector corrosion
The dielectric grease seems to be working just fine. Thanks for the help!