Toolcat Rear Steering problem

/ Toolcat Rear Steering problem #1  

Fiddle

Tractor
2010 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
I have a Bobcat Toolcat D and the rear steering stopped working. It 1st would work for maybe 5 minutes after startup and then stop, but now doesn't work at all. I can straighten the tires and lock it into 2ws ok. Any ideas what might be wrong?

/ Toolcat Rear Steering problem #2  
First check for error codes, see if there are any stored. My guess is a problem with the wiring to the control solenoid for the rear steering, if the computer senses the solenoid is shorted to ground it will stop sending power to it and set an error code. I had a similar problem with my 2004 which was due to the wire harness rubbing on the engine until it wore thru the protective jacket on the wires. If I restarted it would work again for a short time, then quit again.

/ Toolcat Rear Steering problem #3  
MetroX, when your 04 stopped working would it lock all 4 wheels straight? I just purchased a 2004 and when I put it in 4 wheel steer, it locks the steering wheel. Also, the hour meter does not show all the digits therefore I cannot access error codes but there are a couple on there. I can see parts of codes. Are there any codes that would relate to the steering?

Thanks,

Nate

/ Toolcat Rear Steering problem #4  
Nate,

You need to figure out which codes are set in order to troubleshoot this problem. My guess is that the rear steering is locked, but if that is a hydraulic issue or an electrical one is anybodies guess. You might need to replace the control panel, or take it to the Bobcat dealer where they can read the codes out on a laptop. If you can get those codes let us know what they are, someone will be able to help you!

Rich

/ Toolcat Rear Steering problem #5  
Nate,

You need to figure out which codes are set in order to troubleshoot this problem. My guess is that the rear steering is locked, but if that is a hydraulic issue or an electrical one is anybodies guess. You might need to replace the control panel, or take it to the Bobcat dealer where they can read the codes out on a laptop. If you can get those codes let us know what they are, someone will be able to help you!

Rich

I think that will have to be my next course of action. If only they weren't an hour away. Got to love rural VT.