Preventative Maintenance Door Locks

/ Preventative Maintenance Door Locks #1  

timm9

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat(s) 5600B-Turbo(s)
I recently had an interesting experience that some may benefit from. Earlier this week we started receiving snow and I had called all the drivers letting them know what time I intended to call them (1:00/am). One of my Drivers decided to clear his own driveway so he didn't waste time when he received his wake up call.

Long story short, after clearing his driveway, he idled down and let the unit cool off before shutting down. As he exited the unit the door closed (but was not locked) and the small bolt that actuates the door latch apparently backed itself out and fell inside the door assembly leaving us no way to access the TC which was still running. After an hour or so we were able to break in and shut the unit down. After closer inspection we found that both Bolts in both door assemblies fell out at the same time. Needless to say, the replacement Bolts have been reinstalled with Loctite..

/ Preventative Maintenance Door Locks #2  
Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

I just last week adjusted and lubed the latch on my Versahandler because it was hard to open.

/ Preventative Maintenance Door Locks #3  
Had this happen too. Had to remove and turn the door over to get the little screw because my magnet wasn't long enough

/ Preventative Maintenance Door Locks #4  
Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and they were tight but will now add it the the PM list.