It's a common relay...

/ It's a common relay... #1  

Spudgunner

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-23 & Toolcat 5600 D
In the spirit of Timm9's heads-up about door latches, here's another heads-up that might save some $$.

I had a relay bite the dust this AM. It was the relay that controls the work lights. The relay is located in one of the cab fuse boxes (on a "D", it's the one between your right knee and right foot). Within this fuse box, there are a number of fuses (surprise!) and four relays. The relays are of a common (read: cheap) type that are available from a variety of sources. I purchased 5 from Mouser Electronics for a bit over $3.00 each. All the relays in that fuse block are of the same type and the there's room for a fifth spare relay. I didn't bother to check with Bobcat as I figured they would want an arm/leg/? for one. Apparently this part is also available from NAPA at a significantly higher cost.

The manufacturer p/n is: 301-1C-C-R1-U01-12VDC and following is a link to Mouser's online catalog for the part:
301-1C-C-R1-U01-12VDC Song Chuan | Mouser

/ It's a common relay... #2  
Excellent info Spudgunner! I greatly appreciate the heads up!

Thank you!

/ It's a common relay... #3  
Bobcat dealer ordered me one for 11.75 plus shipping, even though they got it on a regular restock order. Cheap? Have since bought a couple from NAPA for backup at 4.00 each. And just for the record, I have been quiet here for a long time, because nothing has broken for nearly two years. Is that a record??? I still overheat when mowing, though, unless I clean radiator about every half hour. PITA, but manageable.

/ It's a common relay... #4  
Bobcat dealer ordered me one for 11.75 plus shipping, even though they got it on a regular restock order. Cheap? Have since bought a couple from NAPA for backup at 4.00 each. And just for the record, I have been quiet here for a long time, because nothing has broken for nearly two years. Is that a record??? I still overheat when mowing, though, unless I clean radiator about every half hour. PITA, but manageable.

I wonder how difficult it would be for someone skilled (not me) to make a sheet metal or plastic intake ducting for the radiator and have some sort of easily accessible pre-filter or turbine/vortex particulate filter. Similar to what I've got on my air intake. It really does seem to remove particulates very well.

DEWFPO

/ It's a common relay... #5  
I wonder how difficult it would be for someone skilled (not me) to make a sheet metal or plastic intake ducting for the radiator and have some sort of easily accessible pre-filter or turbine/vortex particulate filter. Similar to what I've got on my air intake. It really does seem to remove particulates very well.

DEWFPO

Mine is a 5600, and I dont think there would be enough room between the bed and the particle screen that is on top of the hydraulic radiator and the radiator. But if you come up with some miracle cure, post it on here. Thanks

/ It's a common relay... #6  
When I mow I typically raise the bed approximately 6-9 inches to let in more air. I found this helps reduce the heat build up in the hydraulic fluid and I do not need to stop as often. I have the mesh screen to reduce grass clogging. You might try it - just a thought.