Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Default It's a common relay...

In the spirit of Timm9's heads-up about door latches, here's another heads-up that might save some $$.

I had a relay bite the dust this AM. It was the relay that controls the work lights. The relay is located in one of the cab fuse boxes (on a "D", it's the one between your right knee and right foot). Within this fuse box, there are a number of fuses (surprise!) and four relays. The relays are of a common (read: cheap) type that are available from a variety of sources. I purchased 5 from Mouser Electronics for a bit over $3.00 each. All the relays in that fuse block are of the same type and the there's room for a fifth spare relay. I didn't bother to check with Bobcat as I figured they would want an arm/leg/? for one. Apparently this part is also available from NAPA at a significantly higher cost.

The manufacturer p/n is: 301-1C-C-R1-U01-12VDC and following is a link to Mouser's online catalog for the part:
    301-1C-C-R1-U01-12VDC Song Chuan | Mouser

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Toolcat(s) 5600B-Turbo(s)

Default Re: It's a common relay...

Excellent info Spudgunner! I greatly appreciate the heads up!

Thank you!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Wheel Horse, Cub Cadet,Several Speedex's,Allis Chalmers, John Deere, Tuff-bilt, Power Mite, Bonanza, Power King, Bobcat Toolcat, Takeuchi Trackhoe

Bobcat dealer ordered me one for 11.75 plus shipping, even though they got it on a regular restock order. Cheap? Have since bought a couple from NAPA for backup at 4.00 each. And just for the record, I have been quiet here for a long time, because nothing has broken for nearly two years. Is that a record??? I still overheat when mowing, though, unless I clean radiator about every half hour. PITA, but manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by goatman 1 View Post
    Bobcat dealer ordered me one for 11.75 plus shipping, even though they got it on a regular restock order. Cheap? Have since bought a couple from NAPA for backup at 4.00 each. And just for the record, I have been quiet here for a long time, because nothing has broken for nearly two years. Is that a record??? I still overheat when mowing, though, unless I clean radiator about every half hour. PITA, but manageable.
    I wonder how difficult it would be for someone skilled (not me) to make a sheet metal or plastic intake ducting for the radiator and have some sort of easily accessible pre-filter or turbine/vortex particulate filter. Similar to what I've got on my air intake. It really does seem to remove particulates very well.

DEWFPO
    2009 Toolcat 5600 "D-Series", Hi-Flow, 29's, 72" SB-200, 84" Snowblade, 62" Lo-Pro Bucket

SOLD - 2006 MF GC2300, 2350 FEL, 2315 MMM, 2360 SB, KingKutter CarryAll

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Wheel Horse, Cub Cadet,Several Speedex's,Allis Chalmers, John Deere, Tuff-bilt, Power Mite, Bonanza, Power King, Bobcat Toolcat, Takeuchi Trackhoe

Quote Originally Posted by DEWFPO View Post
    I wonder how difficult it would be for someone skilled (not me) to make a sheet metal or plastic intake ducting for the radiator and have some sort of easily accessible pre-filter or turbine/vortex particulate filter. Similar to what I've got on my air intake. It really does seem to remove particulates very well.

DEWFPO
    Mine is a 5600, and I dont think there would be enough room between the bed and the particle screen that is on top of the hydraulic radiator and the radiator. But if you come up with some miracle cure, post it on here. Thanks

Bronze Member

When I mow I typically raise the bed approximately 6-9 inches to let in more air. I found this helps reduce the heat build up in the hydraulic fluid and I do not need to stop as often. I have the mesh screen to reduce grass clogging. You might try it - just a thought.