7-pin ttachment control system???

/ 7-pin ttachment control system??? #1  

BLES

To use a snowblower and mower on an early model toolcat, I understand it's necessary to install a "7-pin attachment control" kit. Anyone know what this is exactly, and is it something that MUST be installed by the dealer (as they say it is)??
Thanks.
BLES

/ 7-pin ttachment control system??? #2  
I know on skid steers it enables multi hydraulic functions from the single (pair) of aux lines on the machine. These functions can only be used 1 at a time and it is basically a electric solenoid valve (on the attachment) that diverts flow to another circuit. I would think that you could install it yourself with some determination, it seems that the Bobcat equipment is very dependant on electronics. It may only be a "plug&play" installation if you're lucky and the biggest chore is to route the wiring harness. It is a 7 pin connector that looks like a plug on a trailer that just (electrically) connects your machine to your attachment and is generally right next to your existing aux lines on the boom.
I would not think that the mower would require this, but if your blower has an hyd chute control, it may. BC dealer can quote parts cost & est. installation. These controls usually (on the machine side) are controlled by switches allready in your "joystick" for a nice clean installation. I may be wrong and you might also either need or the kit includes a new joystick with these functions (additional switches) installed in it. I've been in bobcats with seemingly unused switches in both joysticks, not sure on your toolcat.

/ 7-pin ttachment control system??? #3  
As stated above the 7-pin controller will allow you to control the shute rotation and shute deflector. The third switch is not used on the snow blower. Please not that this information pertains to the bobcat snow blower i am unsure about other blowers The bobcat finish mower does NOT need the 7-pin controller.

/ 7-pin ttachment control system??? #4  
These controls usually (on the machine side) are controlled by switches allready in your "joystick" for a nice clean installation.

On a toolcat the 7-pin controls are located on the center console and are three separate rocker switches. The wire harness is not that hard to route but I do not know if the ECM needs to be flashed to recognize the 7-pin controller.

/ 7-pin ttachment control system???
Thanks for the info.
BLES

/ 7-pin ttachment control system??? #6  
Although it certainly looks like a trailer connector, the actual pins inside the shell are both power/gnd and a communications bus (CAN Bus). IMO, the interface has more in common with the USB on your computer than a simple (or not-so-simple) trailer connection.