5610 cutting brush.

/ 5610 cutting brush.
Hope the grass grows, horse pasture.

Well the grass, brush and weeds grew, but not good pasture grass. It would make good goat hay! :laughing:
P8070004.JPG P8070007.JPG P8070011.JPG P8070016.JPG

The view from the seat.
P8070005.JPG P8070008.JPG P8070009.JPG P8070012.JPG
The A/C kept it cool inside. It was 95 outside! :thumbsup:

/ 5610 cutting brush. #22  
Had to replace 2 drive motors. Just got it back today. Bush hogged for 3 hr. Worked great and never overheated in the 90 degree plus temp.

Attachments

• image-3110473478.jpg
    image-3110473478.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 312
   / 5610 cutting brush.
Thanks. I run a 6 ft on my series A. Lot more hills than you have. Any trouble with hydraulics heating up?

Had to replace 2 drive motors. Just got it back today. Bush hogged for 3 hr. Worked great and never overheated in the 90 degree plus temp.
Yep, I see your hills! :D

Was it overheating before? I have read about the 5600 drive motor failures, but don't remember the symptoms.

/ 5610 cutting brush. #24  
Shucks that was some of the flat stuff, I will get some pictures of the other. Hopefully I will be back out today or tomorrow.

On the hydraulics issue. My cat has been doing this since I first got it, just slowly getting worse. Wasn't sure what it was. Previous owner had never used any accessories requiring aux hydraulics, which really exacerbated the problems. Finally just got fed up with it and took it in. I was fortunate enough I got to see the inside of the drive motors at the the shop. Basically what happens, the wear in the drive motor allowed hyd fluid to essentially bypass like a relief valve had opened. This happened as the hyd oil would heat up and the viscosity of the oil would drop allowing it to pass through the areas with the most wear. The more it warms up, the lower the viscosity and the worse it would get. So I could bushhog maybe 30-45 min at most. As the fluid would bypass the motors, my pilot pressure would drop, which is required to run everything else. It never did or would overheat before, and after 3 hrs in 90 + temp yesterday it still didn't.

/ 5610 cutting brush.
Some pictures of my wife cutting brush with the Toolcat. :thumbsup:
P4260001.JPG P4260002.JPG P4260003.JPG P4260007.JPG

P4260008.JPG P4260009.JPG P4260010.JPG P4260018.JPG

/ 5610 cutting brush. #26  
I got a 5' brush monster for my 5610 F

Skid Steer Cutters, Rotary Brush Cutters, Skid-Steer mowers from BRUSHMONSTER - Now Available 12-month 0% financing

The front mounted bushog works great. I have used it mainly to clear paths through the woods, cut small trees. Great for clearing out around a big tree you are getting ready to cut. Does not have front wheel, but has raised front end like funnel so you can push trees over with it. It pushes the tree a little and then the blade whacks it off. Will turn woods into flat clear ground pretty quick and it mulches everything to some degree. Way better than rear mounted bush hog where you have to drive over everything before you cut it.

/ 5610 cutting brush.
I got a 5' brush monster for my 5610 F

Skid Steer Cutters, Rotary Brush Cutters, Skid-Steer mowers from BRUSHMONSTER - Now Available 12-month 0% financing

The front mounted bushog works great. I have used it mainly to clear paths through the woods, cut small trees. Great for clearing out around a big tree you are getting ready to cut. Does not have front wheel, but has raised front end like funnel so you can push trees over with it. It pushes the tree a little and then the blade whacks it off. Will turn woods into flat clear ground pretty quick and it mulches everything to some degree. Way better than rear mounted bush hog where you have to drive over everything before you cut it.
Looks like a good one and l agree about the mower out front. :thumbsup:

What was the reason you didn't get the 6' model?

/ 5610 cutting brush. #28  
I got the 5' model because it was lighter and cheaper. I have some concerns about bending the front arm since it looks so little and narrow. but so far it has proven to be quite tough.

/ 5610 cutting brush. #29  
What size saplings can you effectively take down with these rotary cutters?