Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat.

/ Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #1  

Kurtis22

Tractor
5600 Toolcat
Hello,

Just wondering what everyone else was using for a snow plow. I do a lot of backdraging driveways at town homes commercially. My snow blower works great when get over 3-4 inches or above. But I would prefer a plow on my toolcat for lighter storms. My biggest question is floating or fixed? I think to would be nice to have a floating plow and some kind of option to have down pressure with some fabrication. I have not seen a plow on the market that has both. Please let me know if someone knows of one.

The two plows I have been looking at are the Big ox Hiniker c-plow or Blizzard 810.

Hiniker big ox tilts 15 degrees side to side and has the folding c plow option that floats. I have c plows on my trucks and I am happy with how they work for back dragging.

Blizzard 810 power plow has power wings that would be sweet for pushing big piles of snow after back dragging. I don't think this plow tilts side to side is the big issue for me when you get on uneven surfaces.

Any insight would be great on the plow that "you" use

Thanks

Attachments

• 644.jpg
    644.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 3,452
  • 645.jpg
    645.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 3,301
  • 646.jpg
    646.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 4,076
   / Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #2  
I adapted an 8' Meyers plow to a 3-point hitch adapter and fabricated a bracket for a top link. With the top link attached I have down pressure. If I want to float the blade then I will hook up the top chain. For the 3-point adapter I spent a little more money and purchased from Skid Steer Solutions. The 3-point adapter is solid and came with a bracket for the top link. Here are a few pics of the plow and adapter.

Attachments

• image-1606776583.jpg
    image-1606776583.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 873
  • image-124084013.jpg
    image-124084013.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 520
  • image-1914201551.jpg
    image-1914201551.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 405
  • image-1255618939.jpg
    image-1255618939.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 509
  • image-4092500928.jpg
    image-4092500928.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 511
  • image-443888617.jpg
    image-443888617.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 508
   / Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #3  
Also meant to say that I have been sing this set up for 3 winters and it has worked really well. I also have a snow blower for really bad snows but the plow has worked well for me as we tend to get a lot of wet snow and the blower doesn't work all that well in wet snow.

This set up was a lot cheaper than buying a plow "made" for a skid loader.

/ Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #4  
I use an 84" Bobcat snow blade. It does not have a separate float. It's very heavy (no need to add extra weight) and works well even with heavy, wet snow.

DEWFPO

/ Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #5  
Best snow blade is the Bobcat V snow blade for the TC. There is an optional pivot adapter that allows it to pivot. Yet you still have down pressure for back dragging or or packed snow. Blade is heavy and rarely need down pressure for forward pushing.

/ Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #6  
The Bobcat snow blades are nice especially for the money.

/ Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat.
Here in my latest setup

Attachments

• 423.jpg
    423.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 186
   / Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #8  
Looks
very good.png

/ Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #9  
I don’t know if it’s the best or not but I regret not taking a closer look at the Minnesota Implement Floating Snowplow. Clever design that allows you to pin the lift arm effectively converting to a ridged plow. Demo on YouTube.

/ Best snow plow for toolcat. Pics of my toolcat. #10  
I don’t know if it’s the best or not but I regret not taking a closer look at the Minnesota Implement Floating Snowplow. Clever design that allows you to pin the lift arm effectively converting to a ridged plow. Demo on YouTube.
I have also seen his designs for the floating plow and he has many videos. He also designed it to be snug to the front of the skid/toolcat so it's not hanging way out front.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Minnesota+Implement+Floating+Snowplow