Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat?

/ Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat? #1  

hardhat

Silver Member
We are buying some land on the river and putting a little mobile home on it for a camp. Need to be able to pull the trailer to higher land in case of flood. You think the toolcat would even attempt this? I know the towing capacity is 4000 lbs, but can't imagine why it is that low. Heck you can lift a ton with the 3 point hitch. I just don't want to damage the toolcat. If I hook it up and spin the wheels, OK, I'll get a bigger machine. You think it will hurt to hook it up and try. The tongue can't weigh over 2000 lbs, probably closer to 1500. Any thoughts?

/ Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat? #2  
We are buying some land on the river and putting a little mobile home on it for a camp. Need to be able to pull the trailer to higher land in case of flood. You think the toolcat would even attempt this? I know the towing capacity is 4000 lbs, but can't imagine why it is that low. Heck you can lift a ton with the 3 point hitch. I just don't want to damage the toolcat. If I hook it up and spin the wheels, OK, I'll get a bigger machine. You think it will hurt to hook it up and try. The tongue can't weigh over 2000 lbs, probably closer to 1500. Any thoughts?

I have the 3pt. Bobtach Front Attachment with a 2" receiver & 2 7/8" ball loaded in it that I use to move ball mount bumper pulls around.
3-Point Adapter - Bobcat Company
3pt.jpeg This is a stock picture of one-
I've moved my 32' 18000lb GVWR triple axle bumper pull enclosed trailer around my property with ease. Although I never thought it would actually be able to do it......but it does.
IMG_0553.jpg
I've been thru CAT weight stations when pulling it between jobs to check my weight and would say it averages between 14-17klbs. Never tried to put it on the rear receiver of my 5610, but would assume if it will do it from the front then......... My big worry with putting it on the rear would be ground clearance on the front jack of the mobile home.

It does get a try to tip forward a little if I get my speed up too much and slow down. Usually I have my 6' brush cutter (8-900lbs) or box blade on the rear 3pt to have some ballast weight to keep all four wheels planted on the ground.

I highly recommend this attachment for moving things around your property (3pt attachments also) I looked into some of the import brands that were a lot cheaper than the Bobcat one, but decided to go with theirs. It is very over build like all things Bobcat and weighs right at 300lbs, so I trust it to move anything my 5610 can pickup.

/ Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat? #3  
What is the grade you want to pull up? Gravel, asphault, mud, grass, dirt? How many axles on the home?

/ Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat?
What is the grade you want to pull up? Gravel, asphault, mud, grass, dirt? How many axles on the home?

Very gently uphill grade. Some areas little more than others, but nothing very steep. I don't know about degrees or %, but no big hills. It is dirt and grass. Will not attempt to pull in mud or if it is wet if I can help it. I know that would be a losing proposition.
3 axle trailer

If yall don't think it will outright damage the frame, I will give it a shot.

/ Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat? #5  
Sorry. I can't calculate it without a slope. Good luck.

/ Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat? #6  
If you want to estimate the slope hold this picture up against a wall or post to get it level and sight the slope.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130715_211620.png
    ForumRunner_20130715_211620.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 318
No more than 20% slope and that only for very short distances. I do have a jeep I can pull the toolcat from he front with

/ Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat? #8  
This is how I moved my 30 foot travel trailer up the mountain.:D

IMG_9823 low rez.jpg
notice the ball hitch bolted to the bucket

IMG_3683 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9823 low rez.jpg
    IMG_9823 low rez.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 324
   / Moving 15000 lb 12x40 park model mobile home with toolcat? #9  
In case of flood, I would plan for wet & muddy conditions. Mud is unlikely during a drought. But so is a flood.

In case of flood, I would plan for wet & muddy conditions. Mud is unlikely during a drought. But so is a flood.

Now don't go injecting logic and sanity into the discussion. ;)

That thought has crossed my mind. If I can get it to pull on level ground and the slight inclines, I can probably winch up the steeper parts. My main concern is about damaging the frame of the toolcat by overloading it. If the consensus is that the frame is fine, I will give it a shot.