Tractor Sizing ToolCat height

/ ToolCat height #1  

03Standard

Tractor
2013 5600
Looking to see if anyone has had this problem. Just bought a 2013 toolcat with 29" turf tires. Spec height says 82", my height is 83 7/8". Pivot point for the bucket is right on the money for spec height. Can't get it into my parking garages or under a height limit bar.

/ ToolCat height #2  
Welcome to TBN. :thumbsup:

What is the maximum height to clear the height limit bar?

Will you have an attachment on it, or weight in the bed that would bring it down enough ?

My 5610 measures 83 1/4" to a level placed on the highest spot on the roof, I have the 29" R4 tires.

The tires measure 28 5/8" high.

I have about 67 hours on mine, with a lot of weight on the front, most of that time. It sets down on the rubber now, even with nothing on the boom.

Attachments

• P2100001.JPG
    P2100001.JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 474
   / ToolCat height
83" is the limit bar and cannot make it into the garages. More than likely I will have a 68" broom on the front or the 72" snow blower. May have a 200 pounds of ice melt in the bed. Just trying to figure out why the specs don't match.

Welcome to TBN. :thumbsup:

What is the maximum height to clear the height limit bar?

Will you have an attachment on it, or weight in the bed that would bring it down enough ?

My 5610 measures 83 1/4" to a level placed on the highest spot on the roof, I have the 29" R4 tires.

The tires measure 28 5/8" high.

I have about 67 hours on mine, with a lot of weight on the front, most of that time. It sets down on the rubber now, even with nothing on the boom.

/ ToolCat height #4  
83" is the limit bar and cannot make it into the garages. More than likely I will have a 68" broom on the front or the 72" snow blower. May have a 200 pounds of ice melt in the bed. Just trying to figure out why the specs don't match.

I guess you'll have to ask Bobcat about that.

There a lot of threads on here about tire size, but most want to go bigger, for more ground clearance. You may have to go smaller for top clearance. :)

Here is one on Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires

/ ToolCat height #5  
Lower the air pressure in the tires. The stock tire size was 28 inch on my '09 "D".

DEWFPO

/ ToolCat height #6  
I have a 2013 5600 F Toolcat with 29" tires. The total height measures 83 plus total inches. Don't expect the machine to drop in height drastically with attachment. I had to modify my garage door opening to fit machine in because Bobcat does not know how to read a tape measure. Good luck!

/ ToolCat height #7  
I had to order mine with the turf tires to fit in my Garage in the winter, R4 made it to high, I have about 1/2" clearance with nothing on it.

/ ToolCat height #8  
I have a 2013 5600 F Toolcat with 29" tires. The total height measures 83 plus total inches. Don't expect the machine to drop in height drastically with attachment. I had to modify my garage door opening to fit machine in because Bobcat does not know how to read a tape measure. Good luck!

Welcome to TBN. :D

Are your 29" tires turf tread? I ordered 29's thinking I would get turf, didn't happen. :(

/ ToolCat height #9  
I have thought about cutting off some of the rubber on the A frame stops, to get a little more suspension travel. I think it would lower the height also.

Here it is with the front wheels off of the ground.
P7280012.JPG P7280014.JPG

And with the wheel on a 4" thick block and the 800 pound bucket in the air.
P7280021.JPG
Quite a bit of compression.

/ ToolCat height #10  
Welcome to TBN. :D

Are your 29" tires turf tread? I ordered 29's thinking I would get turf, didn't happen. :(

Thanks Xfaxman. Been on this site a long time just never joined. Don't like typing, spelling or computers very much. My tires are r-4. It would be nice if Bobcat could get the specs right. A couple of inches can make a big difference.Mine is almost 2inches taller than spec.I would be careful in shortening the rubber snubbers because the shock travel is minimal. You sure don't want to be bottoming out the shock all the time. I like your rock truck. What year is it?