Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Tractor
    2013 5600

    Default ToolCat height

    Looking to see if anyone has had this problem. Just bought a 2013 toolcat with 29" turf tires. Spec height says 82", my height is 83 7/8". Pivot point for the bucket is right on the money for spec height. Can't get it into my parking garages or under a height limit bar.

  2. #2
    Elite Member Xfaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,195
    Location
    Meridian, OK
    Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    Welcome to TBN.

    What is the maximum height to clear the height limit bar?

    Will you have an attachment on it, or weight in the bed that would bring it down enough ?

    My 5610 measures 83 1/4" to a level placed on the highest spot on the roof, I have the 29" R4 tires.

    The tires measure 28 5/8" high.

    I have about 67 hours on mine, with a lot of weight on the front, most of that time. It sets down on the rubber now, even with nothing on the boom.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab.

    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

    Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) V417 Versahander

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Tractor
    2013 5600

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    83" is the limit bar and cannot make it into the garages. More than likely I will have a 68" broom on the front or the 72" snow blower. May have a 200 pounds of ice melt in the bed. Just trying to figure out why the specs don't match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    Welcome to TBN.

    What is the maximum height to clear the height limit bar?

    Will you have an attachment on it, or weight in the bed that would bring it down enough ?

    My 5610 measures 83 1/4" to a level placed on the highest spot on the roof, I have the 29" R4 tires.

    The tires measure 28 5/8" high.

    I have about 67 hours on mine, with a lot of weight on the front, most of that time. It sets down on the rubber now, even with nothing on the boom.

  4. #4
    Elite Member Xfaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,195
    Location
    Meridian, OK
    Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    Quote Originally Posted by 03Standard View Post
    83" is the limit bar and cannot make it into the garages. More than likely I will have a 68" broom on the front or the 72" snow blower. May have a 200 pounds of ice melt in the bed. Just trying to figure out why the specs don't match.
    I guess you'll have to ask Bobcat about that.

    There a lot of threads on here about tire size, but most want to go bigger, for more ground clearance. You may have to go smaller for top clearance.

    Here is one on Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires
    Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab.

    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

    Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) V417 Versahander

  5. #5
    Platinum Member DEWFPO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    695
    Location
    "High in the Rockies"

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    Lower the air pressure in the tires. The stock tire size was 28 inch on my '09 "D".

    DEWFPO
    2009 Toolcat 5600 "D-Series", Hi-Flow, 29's, 72" SB-200, 84" Snowblade, 62" Lo-Pro Bucket

    SOLD - 2006 MF GC2300, 2350 FEL, 2315 MMM, 2360 SB, KingKutter CarryAll

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20
    Location
    PA
    Tractor
    none

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    I have a 2013 5600 F Toolcat with 29" tires. The total height measures 83 plus total inches. Don't expect the machine to drop in height drastically with attachment. I had to modify my garage door opening to fit machine in because Bobcat does not know how to read a tape measure. Good luck!

  7. #7
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    155
    Location
    Goshen, CT.
    Tractor
    kobota KX 080-3, KX121-3, L48, (2) L4630, bx23, cat257, M9000,(2) RTV1100,jd450h, ASV100 ,zd331

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    I had to order mine with the turf tires to fit in my Garage in the winter, R4 made it to high, I have about 1/2" clearance with nothing on it.

  8. #8
    Elite Member Xfaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,195
    Location
    Meridian, OK
    Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkitty View Post
    I have a 2013 5600 F Toolcat with 29" tires. The total height measures 83 plus total inches. Don't expect the machine to drop in height drastically with attachment. I had to modify my garage door opening to fit machine in because Bobcat does not know how to read a tape measure. Good luck!

    Welcome to TBN.

    Are your 29" tires turf tread? I ordered 29's thinking I would get turf, didn't happen.
    Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab.

    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

    Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) V417 Versahander

  9. #9
    Elite Member Xfaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,195
    Location
    Meridian, OK
    Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    I have thought about cutting off some of the rubber on the A frame stops, to get a little more suspension travel. I think it would lower the height also.

    Here it is with the front wheels off of the ground.
    -p7280012-jpg -p7280014-jpg

    And with the wheel on a 4" thick block and the 800 pound bucket in the air.
    -p7280021-jpg
    Quite a bit of compression.
    Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab.

    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

    Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) V417 Versahander

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20
    Location
    PA
    Tractor
    none

    Default Re: ToolCat height

    Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    Welcome to TBN.

    Are your 29" tires turf tread? I ordered 29's thinking I would get turf, didn't happen.
    Thanks Xfaxman. Been on this site a long time just never joined. Don't like typing, spelling or computers very much. My tires are r-4. It would be nice if Bobcat could get the specs right. A couple of inches can make a big difference.Mine is almost 2inches taller than spec.I would be careful in shortening the rubber snubbers because the shock travel is minimal. You sure don't want to be bottoming out the shock all the time. I like your rock truck. What year is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pondering toolcat. Toolcat owners please read
    By Hay Dude in forum Toolcat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 12:58 AM
  3. Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610.
    By radman1 in forum Toolcat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 01:30 PM
  4. looking at a toolcat
    By tmarch in forum Toolcat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
  5. New Toolcat Forum - Please Flag All Toolcat Posts
    By Muhammad in forum ATVs & Utility Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.