Toolcat Legroom

/ Toolcat Legroom #1  

4Papa

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T1003
For all you tall (over 6'1" plus) Toolcat D-model vets, how well do your legs fit? I'm considering a purchase, am 6'2" (a more legs then torso 6'2") and have found the machine cramped when sitting in the driver's position. Very disappointing given the size of the machine compared to smaller UTV's that are predictably lousy on legroom. Is there any room behind or below the seat for modification? I would probably need 2-3 more inches. Think that's possible? Thanks and great forum!

/ Toolcat Legroom #2  
Well I guess no tall D series operators have seen your post. I have read there is a difference in the F series. My salesman thought the suspension seat was standard, but I didn't get it, so it is an option that has to be ordered.

I measured 36 inches, from the back of the cab, to the dashboard.

With the seat slid all the way back, there is still about 3 inches behind it.

Here is a picture that shows the seat.
P6190007.JPG

/ Toolcat Legroom
Thanks for the post Xfaxman. And the pix. I actually mispoke (mistyped?). I meant I'm considering an F-model, not D. Maybe that'll draw out more replies. Or maybe it's what you said, Toolcat drivers tend to be shorter.

With three inches behind the seat, and assuming the seat rails (if any) can be moved back, could be enough. Also a possibility of the optional suspension seat lifting higher to give the requisite legroom. Then again, might be some head to headliner bumping with too high a seat. Bottom line for me is if the machine is right in every respect but comfort, it's a non-starter. And a bummer. I've sat in a couple at a dealer and a farm show and loved everything but the foot-cramp feel on the accelerator from not being able to extend the right foot enough. Sometimes only an inch makes all the difference if you plan to spend hours in the seat.

I've got no dealers real close to me but it might be worth finding one to take a closer look at the existing attach points and clearance.

/ Toolcat Legroom #4  
What will be your main uses for it?

/ Toolcat Legroom #5  
Toolcat seat plate.JPG

Here is picture of the under side of the seat plate. Looks like there is another set of holes to mount the slide rails back farther. If this is only hold up in your decision, mention it to the Salesman. He will very likely have the seat moved back so you can try it.

/ Toolcat Legroom
>>What will be your main uses for it?<<

Snowblowing, mowing (light to medium brush in pasture), basic runabout farm chores on property (flat to rolling hills). I don't anticipate spending more than an hour or two in the seat at a time, but a mildly arthritic right ankle and hip makes even this relatively short time be more of a pain than I care to endure.

/ Toolcat Legroom
>>Here is picture of the under side of the seat plate.<<

Thanks for the picture, SS! Gives me hope. I'll see if I can track one down with an amenable salesman.

/ Toolcat Legroom #8  
I'm 6' and have a B series. I feel like I have enough room but don't like how the suspension seat slides up as it slides back. Not sure if Bobcat changed that.
I'm looking at getting a G series next week or two. My holdup is that the dealer doesn't have a demo or one to look at. I'd like to see the changes from B to G firsthand before I drop that kind of money but if I was concerned only about legroom, I'd say that a 6' person with big feet can be comfortable. I don't know how much taller than 6'1 you are but with cruise control I think you can stretch out some. Hopefully they have changed the seat setup. Sliding up and back seems to lower the headroom. Maybe my seat was put in wrong. :)

/ Toolcat Legroom #9  
This is the first I have heard of the G series.

Can't find it on the Bobcat Website, do you have any links for info?

/ Toolcat Legroom #10  
The G-series has not been built yet, starts production in December. Is basically the same as F-series using same frame, suspension, axles, hydrostatic system. Difference is it will be Tier 4 compliant with a Bobcat Engine with High pressure Common Rail Electronic fuel injection but no DPF or Exhaust fluid added.

The A - C series did have seat rails mounted on angle so it went up as it moved back. Idea was to give more leg room with less rearward movement of the seat. D series and later have horizontal seat rail mount with 2 rail position holes to accommodate the taller than average person.