Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm

/ Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm #1  

chrisimrie

Tractor
Toolcat 5610
I just got a toolcat 5610. I have used it for a few really light snow falls as well as one 20 + cm snow fall. I have a 8 ft bobcat pusher on the front. I notice while plowing that the pusher was sitting crooked but figured it was because the pusher is on a swivel joint. Well i tried rocking the pusher to see it would become level and that didnt work and i also checked if there was snow or some **** packed in there causing it to sit crooked. But there was none. So i dropped the pusher to see what was up and sure enough the whole front loader was crooked. I have not ran into anything that would cause the loader to bend. I am thinking that its possibly becasue that pusher weighs so god **** much and running down the road with it bouncing up and down has caused it to bend? Anyone agree.

/ Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm #2  
I don't know how your 5610 is set up but my B series, 5600 has frame stops. When one frame stop on either side comes out or slips from its place, the loader will sag with the slightest weight on it.

On mine, the dealer replaced the shock at my request before I later figured out that the stop had slid back when its bolt came loose. The stops look like hockey pucks but on the F and G series, I'm not even if they are used

/ Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm #3  
I don't want to insult you, but check the easy stuff first. I plow with an 8 foot blade and when my front tires are not inflated to identical pressures then the blade will not sit level on the ground. I have found that a few pounds difference can cause several inches at the ends of the blade.

/ Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm #4  
I just got a toolcat 5610. I have used it for a few really light snow falls as well as one 20 + cm snow fall. I have a 8 ft bobcat pusher on the front. I notice while plowing that the pusher was sitting crooked but figured it was because the pusher is on a swivel joint. Well i tried rocking the pusher to see it would become level and that didnt work and i also checked if there was snow or some **** packed in there causing it to sit crooked. But there was none. So i dropped the pusher to see what was up and sure enough the whole front loader was crooked. I have not ran into anything that would cause the loader to bend. I am thinking that its possibly becasue that pusher weighs so god **** much and running down the road with it bouncing up and down has caused it to bend? Anyone agree.
:welcome: to TractorByNet!

Where is the bend? Pictures please.

What series is it?

How much does the pusher weigh?

This is a series F loader.
PC190002.JPG PC190003.JPG P3070021.JPG

/ Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm #5  
I don't know how your 5610 is set up but my B series, 5600 has frame stops. When one frame stop on either side comes out or slips from its place, the loader will sag with the slightest weight on it.

On mine, the dealer replaced the shock at my request before I later figured out that the stop had slid back when its bolt came loose. The stops look like hockey pucks but on the F and G series, I'm not even if they are used
They are used on the F and think the G would be the same.

F series rubber frame stop, front wheels off of the ground.
P7280012.JPG P7280014.JPG

With the 800 pound Versahandler bucket raised.
P7280017.JPG P7280021.JPG

If one of the rubber "hockey pucks" is missing, it will sag on that side.

/ Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm
haha no insult taken but its actually broken.

Turns out loader arms are cracked in various spots. also frame where loader arms attach to is slightly twisted. DO NOT USE A SNOW PUSHER ON THIS MACHINE! blades are one thing but a box pusher is just too much for it and destroys it!.

Bobcat wont cover it either. GOtta get a guy to do some custom fabing on them to not only fix them but make them bullet proof. going to weld quarter inch plate along the top and bottom of lift arms to make a box out of the loader arms rather then two seperate arms so they are tough. also the welds on the frame where the loader arms mount to are going to be ground off and a thicker weld applied for much more strenght. Bobcat should have thought of this in the fist place instead of putting toothpicks on the front!

ok.jpg

loader arms are cracked. 8 ft bobcat pusher weighs 1300 pounds. imagine that full of snow pushing up into a pile and how much pressure that would put on the little loader arms in the center. the pusher is 8 feet like i said so it extends a few feet out on either side. if you stand on side of pusher and bounce on it, it twists the arms like they are nothing. but bobcat says the pusher is fine for the toolcat. My toolcat is the f series like yours.

/ Toolcat With Bent Lift Arm #10  
I need to check mine for cracks.

This brush hog weighs about 1800 pounds.
P4010029.JPG P4010076.JPG PC200019.JPG

Please post pictures after your lift arms are reinforced.