Tractor
    John Deere 5083E, John Deere 5085E, Toolcat 5600, Bobcat S185

Default Disappointed

My 5600 Toolcat has been broken down for just short of three weeks. Parts are on back order. One wonders why any parts are on back order. Earlier this winter it was down for five days. That is almost four weeks of our winter season and we purchased the machine for snow work. This is unacceptable! I have never in my 42 year career been so disappointed in a company as I am with Bobcat right now. I understand breakage and repairs but no parts?

Platinum Member

Default Re: Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Herm Witte View Post
    My 5600 Toolcat has been broken down for just short of three weeks. Parts are on back order. One wonders why any parts are on back order. Earlier this winter it was down for five days. That is almost four weeks of our winter season and we purchased the machine for snow work. This is unacceptable! I have never in my 42 year career been so disappointed in a company as I am with Bobcat right now. I understand breakage and repairs but no parts?
    I would contact your bobcat district and regional rep. You can also reach bobcat from their "contact us" and they will get in touch with a knowledgeable rep on the other end. I've had problems in the past and talked to an engineer.
    This happened to me a few years ago with another brand machine. 4 weeks downtime in the middle of my busy season.

Curious, which model Toolcat and what part are you needing?
    I like Bobcat. Of the major manufacturers, they have been one of the most helpful when I've had problems and I've been with the almost 20 years and 14 machines and many attachments but I know they aren't perfect. Get in touch with them directly if you haven't already done so. My dealer has gone the extra mile and scavenged parts off of other machines in the past to get me back up and running. That's a little harder with the Toolcat since there aren't as many and they are in the middle of switching from the F to G series.
    Brush Chipping and Tree Mulching Texas Style!

Default Re: Disappointed

Parts can be overnighted from anywhere in the world. I suspect your dealer is at fault here.

DEWFPO
    2009 Toolcat 5600 "D-Series", Hi-Flow, 29's, 72" SB-200, 84" Snowblade, 62" Lo-Pro Bucket

SOLD - 2006 MF GC2300, 2350 FEL, 2315 MMM, 2360 SB, KingKutter CarryAll