Toolcat for our company

/ Toolcat for our company #1  

Steyr

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat
Hello, I'm writing from Finland so apologies in advance for some grammar problems. :ashamed:

We bought used Toolcat 5600 year:2006 2500hr for our construction/property maintenance company. I now have couple of questions but I'm sure there will be more when we start to overhaul it. We doesn't actually have it yet, it comes to our property in a week.

1. Is there some kind of shocks and what do they cost? When driving on tarmac it starts to bounce very easily.

2. Does anybody know what's the RAL codes for Bobcat colors? It seems hard do find anything else than those that Bobcat sells.

3. I don't know if it's drive motors have been changed, but it has 2500hr so does that mean that motors aren't going to break or they have been changed?

I will put some images when it starts to be ready. We are going to paint some of it, repair the most of the rust, full service and some work light, beacon bar, side markers and led backlights modifications. It's nice to work when machines look good from outside and inside.

Here is an example what we did for one of our other machine(night shot). The next pic is our Lannen 8600g backhoe, I put it because I don't know have you seen this kind of machines. I have to say that i love it :licking: !

Attachments

• takaa_hdr.jpg
    takaa_hdr.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 578
  • l舅.jpg
    l舅.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 423
   / Toolcat for our company #2  
Welcome to the forums.

I think you are stuck with the ride on the C series. If I'm not mistaken (I had a B series), the cab is isolated from the frame by springs and it will get rocking. The lower frame is solid and thus the ruff ride. Later models, starting with D, I think, had the independent suspension or something close to that. I have an F now. I sold my B only because I wanted a smoother ride.
I can say that I liked the lift arm better on my B but the overall ride is 100% better with the F. I can haul butt on a bumpy gravel road and the ride is as smooth as my Kawasaki mule. I love the ride.. but HATE the lift arms which I think are too flimsy but that's another discussion.

I am not sure when they changed the drive motors out. I think it was late in the B series. I didn't have problems with mine and my dealer told me that my August 2005 build had better motors. I think some C series had failures.

Maybe someone like Dixie can chime in on that. Can't help with the colors.

/ Toolcat for our company #4  
A,B, & C series have leaf springs on rear axle with no shocks and front has coil springs with shock absorber inside the spring.

/ Toolcat for our company
Thanks for your info!

I've been doing some sanding and painting and it sucks. :D Well at least it starts to look a bit better.

I asked from our Bobcat importer about this machine's history. They told that drive motors and pump has been changed. Hydraulic pump is also changed two times.

Some update.
Everything starts to be in good shape. Only things left is tail lights, reverse lights and beacon panel fitting. I'm also going to do a full service so it's nice to start this next winter.

Dealers photo of this machine

Some of the repaired sections, i used RAL 7021 color as black. I'm not sure what was the code for white but the bed got some paint too.

I also polished it a little bit. The far left side is polished.

New 35W led-worklights.

Now it's ready:

There's also one 35w led-worklight on roof and 10w led-worklights under both taillights. Beacon panel has illuminated center for company name, but it isn't on at this picture.

Here are couple of daytime pics so you can see all the things I made for this.

There's tailgate sand spreader.

/ Toolcat for our company #9  
looks like new! They are great machines. They can be tough to repair due to all the wires and hoses but the two I've owned have been reliable so far and come in handy.

It worked well for the whole winter, only one hose had to be changed. Traction and push power surprised me. Lift height isn't good enough for loading :D , but that's why we have bigger machines.
IMG_2996.jpg

Now during spring we have Finnish made Dynaset hydraulic pressure washer on toolcat.
If you are interested in how we plow properties here in Finland, here's my videos of Kramer Allrad https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNqTMQ1w5JgTknYpK5ulGAQ