Loud click click click from starter

/ Loud click click click from starter #1  

Jayoinc

Tractor
2011 Toolcat 5600
Hi guys I'm new here not sure if in rite place I'm having a major issue with my tool cat 5600 . machine won't start i thought it was battery so i bought a new battery , now i have power but when i go to start i hear a clunk and the motor doesn't turn i assumed it was starter so i bought a new starter tried again still doing same thing i hear a loud clunk in the starter but it doesn't even turn over not even sure it extends the teeth . i have 12 volt power @ starter .Theres no codes , Help I'm not sure what else it can be ? is there some kind of ignition switch or something I'm bypassing over thinking maybe any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Jay

/ Loud click click click from starter #2  
I would start by taking off your main cables, particularly the heavy duty ones, including all grounds to the frame. Clean the ends to bare metal and tighten everything down good. You might just have an oxidized or loose connection.

Last edited:
   / Loud click click click from starter #3  
What Tom said, but first disconnect the battery ground cable at the negative battery post. Get some battery post spray and after cleaning all ground connections to the frame spray the sealer to prevent further corrosion. Clean the battery post clamps and then try to start. If still nothing you may have a dead ground cable, (internal corrosion), or a safety switch, for your seat, or neutral lockout switch blocking the starter's circuit completion.
Post back result with details of how old the machine is, # hours, how long you've owned it, etc.

/ Loud click click click from starter #4  
What they are saying is that UNDER LOAD it is possible that your voltage drops. so, check voltage when you are trying to start it...if voltage drops below 12V, then for sure clean all your power cables, particularly ground cables.

/ Loud click click click from starter #5  
Did you try the starter before installing it?

Is there any chance the motor is seized??

/ Loud click click click from starter #6  
When energizing the starter use a volt meter to find the voltage drops . This will point trouble shooting in the correct direction.

/ Loud click click click from starter #7  
Hope one cyl isn't full of fuel and it is hydro locked.