Tractor
    2011 Toolcat 5600

Default Loud click click click from starter

Hi guys I'm new here not sure if in rite place I'm having a major issue with my tool cat 5600 . machine won't start i thought it was battery so i bought a new battery , now i have power but when i go to start i hear a clunk and the motor doesn't turn i assumed it was starter so i bought a new starter tried again still doing same thing i hear a loud clunk in the starter but it doesn't even turn over not even sure it extends the teeth . i have 12 volt power @ starter .Theres no codes , Help I'm not sure what else it can be ? is there some kind of ignition switch or something I'm bypassing over thinking maybe any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Jay

Tractor
    Many

I would start by taking off your main cables, particularly the heavy duty ones, including all grounds to the frame. Clean the ends to bare metal and tighten everything down good. You might just have an oxidized or loose connection.
    Last edited by TomSeller; 10-21-2014 at 02:52 AM.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: Loud click click click from starter

What Tom said, but first disconnect the battery ground cable at the negative battery post. Get some battery post spray and after cleaning all ground connections to the frame spray the sealer to prevent further corrosion. Clean the battery post clamps and then try to start. If still nothing you may have a dead ground cable, (internal corrosion), or a safety switch, for your seat, or neutral lockout switch blocking the starter's circuit completion.
    Post back result with details of how old the machine is, # hours, how long you've owned it, etc.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

What they are saying is that UNDER LOAD it is possible that your voltage drops. so, check voltage when you are trying to start it...if voltage drops below 12V, then for sure clean all your power cables, particularly ground cables.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Did you try the starter before installing it?

Is there any chance the motor is seized??
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere, several

When energizing the starter use a volt meter to find the voltage drops . This will point trouble shooting in the correct direction.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33D w/supersteer and loader

Hope one cyl isn't full of fuel and it is hydro locked.
    NH TC33D, Lorenz 5ft blower, KK 60" tiller, Kubota RTV900, Stihl 026, 029, 361, 460, Husqvarna 2100cd, 261, Speeco 25t splitter, Cub Cadet 982, Deere x744