Turf Tire Advice 10.5 vs 12.5

/ Turf Tire Advice 10.5 vs 12.5 #1  

BubbyGRC

Tractor
2012 Toolcat 5600
I'm about to order Turf Tires for my Toolcat and would like to know if there is a huge difference in the 10.5 standard Turf Tire compared to the 12.5 Turf Tire. I understand the 12.5 requires a wider rim (10") which cost approx. $300 each here in Canada plus the turf tire itself is approx. $385 as opposed to the 10.5" which is approx. $340. If anyone did switch did the difference justify the cost?

/ Turf Tire Advice 10.5 vs 12.5 #2  
I needed some wider rims at one point in time so I set my tractor up on jack stands and put it in gear. I set a chop saw against the rims and sawed them in two. From there it wasn't hard to weld in an inch wide strip of steel to make them wider. A bit of paint and nobody has ever noticed that the rims have been modified.

/ Turf Tire Advice 10.5 vs 12.5 #3  
Our new Toolcat has the turf tires. Much better in mud and no difference mowing, but keep in mind new models have the electronic traction override. The other thing I notice is tires pick up a lot of mud leaving a trail going to road~but hopefully get better as tires wear, so far we have almost 500 hours on unit.
Other glitches are you need the wider fender flares and I find it harder to get at grease zerks.