Price Check Engine Replacement Cost?

/ Engine Replacement Cost? #1  

PRCWI

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 770, Oliver 550, Bobcat 753, Gravely Atlas JSV 3000
Anyone ever have to replace the motor on their Toolcat? I'm curious of the replacement cost.

There is an auction for a toolcat that has over 4000 hours and was running but when a previous buyer received it they could not get it to start. Obviously this could be caused by many things but I'm curious of the "worst case scenario" cost of replacing the engine all together. Wondering if it would be worth the hassle to deal with and what the toolcat would be worth assuming the current engine is dead. It's an A series so ideally I'd rather just get it running and use it for a trade in if I did buy it so that I could get a newer model but it might be a way for me to get a toolcat at a lower price point than I otherwise could and it's local to me so that would make getting it home easier.

I'd welcome any thoughts on this.
http://www.auctiontime.com/onlineauctions/details.aspx?ohid=9808965&lp=th&InfoRequestDelay=5

Thanks,
PRC

/ Engine Replacement Cost? #2  
If you are going with worse case get a quote from the manufacturer for the price and if you have someone else R/R then get them to quote the R/R cost.
Used is an option but would most likely require buying the complete machine.

Take a good look at it at auction and make sure it turns over and has compression. Hope for getting it for a very low price.

/ Engine Replacement Cost? #3  
Engine is $6,544.54 flat rate to replace is 12 hr.

/ Engine Replacement Cost?
Thanks that gives me a pretty good idea, appreciate it.

/ Engine Replacement Cost? #5  
Here's an example of a reman'd toolcat engine on ebay for $4,350.

DEWFPO

Wow that auction closed for $13,200. I talked to a local bobcat dealer and he said on that one the engine would cost $3900 for the engine and then $60 per hour for the labor. Not to bad IMO. Wish I had an extra $15,000 laying around...

/ Engine Replacement Cost? #7  
$3900 thats not bad. They probably quoted a re-manufactured engine.Shop rate isn't bad ether. Local dealer here is $85.

He didn't specify and I didn't ask about it being remanufactured but I would bet your correct.

They are a good shop, just wish they were closer to me. :)