5600 toolcat problems

/ 5600 toolcat problems #1  

Granttwin

Tractor
2004 bobcat toolcat
I am new here and thank God I found a site where somebody talks about toolcats! After 20 hrs. trying to find information on these animals on the internet, No luck! Anyway, I have a dozer and excavator I work on all the time and they are always pretty easy to figure out after a trail and error. This toolcat has a hydraulic leak on a hose I think but cannot figure out how to get to the hoses without removing the body......I am I wrong? Also, do they make replacement sheet metal for these. my rockers and floor pans are completely rusted out, I have fiberglass panels cut out so your feet doesn't go through the floor.

/ 5600 toolcat problems #2  
Which hose and where. There is lots of plumbing on a Toolcat??? Remember the seats can come out. You have access through the tunnel. Pilot block is under skid plate. Can you post SN#?

/ 5600 toolcat problems
I am going to check SN# here in a while. The hoses I can see look very hard to get to. I actually dug a pit with the excavator and drove over it to get to the underside. Every bolt is rusted so bad I'll have to cut them off. The fluid pours from the area under the seats.

/ 5600 toolcat problems #4  
I would get that bottom cover plate off. This will expose the port block and front drive hoses. I've seen them rub through were they pass over the frame.

/ 5600 toolcat problems
Got the cover plate off and it is dry, due to much slag dust. The entire area was covered with slag fines. I bought this machine when I retired two yrs ago from the vendor that leases them to AK Steel, it was there around 8 years. The slag fines pretty well rusted the floor out. Runs like a new machine and has very low hours. I really need to just take the body off like planned when I bought it, and sandblast and refab floors and rockers and replace a lot of hoses. I use to have a body shop and this would be an easy paint job. The internet doesn't give any place to buy parts for these things like other machines. (Most of the leak looks like it coming from above the fuel tank).

/ 5600 toolcat problems #6  
Parts should be available at your local Bobcat dealer. There are no weld in floor pans or things like that available to my knowledge for body repair.