4 wheel steer problem

/ 4 wheel steer problem #1  

ulmn

Tractor
i have the 4 wheel steer switch in the 4 wheel steer position and only the front wheels turn (the rear arent aligned), and if i switch it to the 2 wheel steer when the light is on, and turn the wheel it blows the 20 amp fuse and kicks a 50-56 code

i tried disconnecting one solenoid at a time on the valve block in the back it still blows the fuse if i remove either of the top 2 solenoids
if i disconnect the botom solenoid it doesnt blow the fuse

what does each solenoid do?
does anyone have a service manual i can download?

/ 4 wheel steer problem #2  
ulmn,

The 50-56 error code is referencing a communication error. There is a short in that circuit. Is this intermittent?

/ 4 wheel steer problem
It only happens when. Flip the 4 wheel steer switch

I pulled the 3 coils off the valve block in the rear

The bottom coil is bad only reads around .4 ohms
The other 2 read around 6 ohms

Does anyone know if there is a parts microfiche for the toolcats online?

What about a PDF copy of the service manual?

/ 4 wheel steer problem #4  
--------------------------

Does anyone know if there is a parts microfiche for the toolcats online?

----------------------------------------
Using Windows IE go to Bobcat.com, then at the bottom of the page, click "Parts and Accessories" under "Ownership".

Click "Parts Catalog", then download and install "ArborText IsoView".

/ 4 wheel steer problem #5  
i have an issue with my 05 B series toolcat the back wheels constantly go out of alignment without touching the switch at all any help would be appreciated

/ 4 wheel steer problem #6  
i have an issue with my 05 B series toolcat the back wheels constantly go out of alignment without touching the switch at all any help would be appreciated
From this and your other post its sounding like your AUX Hyds. are stuck on. :thumbsup:

/ 4 wheel steer problem #8  
thanks ill check that
No need to check. Thats why I asked if the engine was laboring. How many hours on unit? Have drive motors ever been replaced? See "Weak drive on 5600s' thread. :thumbsup:

/ 4 wheel steer problem #9  
When trying to turn while using 4-wheel steering on hard surfaces like asphalt and Im at a dead stop, I have to crank my engine up pretty good to get my D-Series tires to turn. If I don't the steering feels 'notchy' and it's like trying to turn the wheels on a very heavy vehicle without power steering. It's better in 2-wheel steer but it's not like power steering in a car at all. I don't remember the steering being this difficult when I first bought it (new) back in 2008 but it does seem to be getting worse and worse the last few years. I just really noticed it today when I was moving 1 ton pallets of rocks around. Can I assume this is normal? Is there something that going out on me?

Thanks, DEWFPO

/ 4 wheel steer problem #10  
When trying to turn while using 4-wheel steering on hard surfaces like asphalt and Im at a dead stop, I have to crank my engine up pretty good to get my D-Series tires to turn. If I don't the steering feels 'notchy' and it's like trying to turn the wheels on a very heavy vehicle without power steering. It's better in 2-wheel steer but it's not like power steering in a car at all. I don't remember the steering being this difficult when I first bought it (new) back in 2008 but it does seem to be getting worse and worse the last few years. I just really noticed it today when I was moving 1 ton pallets of rocks around. Can I assume this is normal? Is there something that going out on me?

Thanks, DEWFPO

Sounds like its time for a pressure test and a steering relief test. :thumbsup: