Buying Advice Toolcat 5600 A with 2900 hours?

/ Toolcat 5600 A with 2900 hours? #1  

a5t1

Silver Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5600
I'm thinking of selling my S175 and going to a toolcat (private owner, 20 acre hobby farm in the country). The TC in question has 2900 hours and is an A series. With the drive motor issues they had in the past, I would think at 2900 hours those issues would have already been addressed. Any thoughts?

/ Toolcat 5600 A with 2900 hours? #2  
I have three (3) 5600 'B' Series all of which had the drive motors replaced at or around 350 to 400 hours. At this point the units have upwards of 1500 hours and no drive issues. Considering that the drive motor failures occurred prior to 500 hours I feel reasonable confident at this stage. Hope this helps...

/ Toolcat 5600 A with 2900 hours? #3  
Up in the 3,000 hour range repairs on bobcat equipment can get really expensive. I'd really focus on how hard those 3,000 hours were. Some contractors can be really tough on equipment but you can usually tell if you look closely. Look for inspection hatches that are missing or other broken/missing parts. Look for signs that the unit was greased regularly. Was it on scheduled maintenance at the dealer or did the owner do their own maintenance.

Was it used mostly as a UTV or was there an attachment used most of the time. That will make a big difference on the pins on the front end as well as wear on the hydraulic pump.

/ Toolcat 5600 A with 2900 hours?
This one is a little rough. Needs pins in the front and some glass in the cab. Although I'm hoping to get it for under 9k