Broke power bobtach hydraulic fitting. Any idea how to replace?

/ Broke power bobtach hydraulic fitting. Any idea how to replace? #1  

hardhat

Silver Member
I was cutting brush with front mounted bush hog. Lots of limbs and one of them got caught on the hydraulic line that goes to the passenger side bobtach cylinder (hooks at top of cylinder so would be the closing side). Snapped fitting right into. Cylinder is fine. I thought it would be a simple hose replacement, but when I got to looking at it, the hose is crimped to a t on the driver side at the bottom of the quick tach plate with one leg running to the top of the other bob tach cylinder and the other goes to the hose bundle that runs up the arm of the toolcat (with all the other hoses. I can't see the other end of the quick tach hose. Does anybody know where it is and has anybody done this repair. All I can figure is to buy the entire crimped hose assembly or have another one fabricated with t fittings from the hydraulic store. Still have to find the other end of that hose though.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Thanks,

Larry

/ Broke power bobtach hydraulic fitting. Any idea how to replace?
That is great thinking. I was gonna see if I could get by doing that on just the end of the hose where the fitting broke, but the hose is a 1/4" gates 4M3K which is a specialty hose that they do not make a field attachable fitting for. I called gates and parker hydraulics to ask about these field attachable fittings which I love the idea of. I would have to get a portable hydraulic crimper which is super expensive. Anyhow, I ordered the replacement hose from bobcat which will require removing the operator seat and air cleaner to get to the control valve. I would have to do all this labor anyway to get the hose off and having the new part in hand will save me some time. Will let you know how it goes.

/ Broke power bobtach hydraulic fitting. Any idea how to replace?
Ended up ordering new line from bobcat, but when I got the line off, I thought why not give it a shot at repair at the local oreilly's. They had the right size fitting for the hose and I was able to make it work so returning the new hose to bobcat. Was kind of a pain to get to. Had to take panel off on passenger side of spine frame and panel with fuse box under driver seat to get to line and fitting. Pulled rope as I pulled line out and then used rope to pull line back into place so it would be routed properly Ended up going well and the old girl is back up and running.