2012 Toolcat 5600 fuel solenoid issue

/ 2012 Toolcat 5600 fuel solenoid issue #1  

BubbyGRC

Tractor
2012 Toolcat 5600
Last summer I had the fuel solenoid replaced to the tune of $300 + labor. When I pressed the start key the engine started immediately but shut down after about 2-3 seconds. I checked for error codes and it showed a 14-03 ( Fuel shutoff Pull solenoid Error OFF ) Yesterday, the same scenario occurred and the same Error code 14-03 appeared. Fortunately I kept the old solenoid from last year and tested it only to learn it worked fine. I have not yet replaced it as the machine will start when at half throttle but excessive black fumes are present as it starts.(Probably not doing it any good). Anyone have any suggestions what I might try before replacing the initial solenoid? I will test the one I remove but I suspect it might be OK as well. Is there anything else that might cause the problem?

/ 2012 Toolcat 5600 fuel solenoid issue #2  
Be sure to check the wire going to the solenoid and the connector. I had a loose wire in mine. Cleanded the connector and all seems to be well. If you need a new solenoid, Kubota is about half the price of Bobcat