DEAD TOOLCAT!

/ DEAD TOOLCAT! #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
Been using the Toolcat quite a bit lately in the woods with no problems.

While backing up just outside of the woods, a noise was heard underneath with several loud beeps given before shutting down on its own.

No error codes were given, and unable to start.

While trying to start, the transmission light blinks - similar to when the shifter is not in neutral, or when the arm rest is not in the down position.

Does any one have any ideas? I am thinking a wire might have been pulled off by a stick or similar?

Is their a way the toolcat can be put into neutral so it can be towed to get it on a trailer?

Thanks in Advance

Yooper Dave

/ DEAD TOOLCAT! #4  
Maybe a bit of a long shot but check fuses under right front dash. In paticular check #14. Switched power fuse/20 amp.

/ DEAD TOOLCAT!
Maybe a bit of a long shot but check fuses under right front dash. In paticular check #14. Switched power fuse/20 amp.

Checked (all) the fuses and everything was ok.

There is no error code - just the light showing the neutral shifter was not in neutral - but it was.

Any other ideas?

Yooper Dave

/ DEAD TOOLCAT! #6  
Shifter is fairly easy to pull off. Check switch inside shifter for continuity. 2-4 hex head/torx screws and a double pole double throw switch. (Best i remember). Mine went bad once.

/ DEAD TOOLCAT!
Toolcat got fixed.
The Mechanic found a bad fuse with some testing equipment after I visually inspected all the fuses prior.

/ DEAD TOOLCAT! #8  
That was a really good call on birddog's part:thumbsup:
Glad you had an easy fix Dave!

/ DEAD TOOLCAT! #9  
Toolcat got fixed.
The Mechanic found a bad fuse with some testing equipment after I visually inspected all the fuses prior.

Don't feel bad.... after 35 years in electronics support roles, and two degrees in electronics, I still slap myself in the forehead every time I visually inspect a fuse, deem it O.K., then after futzing around with it for a while, check the fuse again, but with a meter, only to find it is bad. :mur:

:laughing: