Traction Control

/ Traction Control #1  

1965tontruck

Silver Member
I'm seriously considering trading my Series A for a newer model (2015 or 2016). I am considering used to get a better deal. Traction control is a must have. When looking at a machine how do you visually see it has traction control? I know it can be disabled from inside the cab so that means there is a switch or setting. Where will I find it?

Thanks for the help.

/ Traction Control #2  
I'm seriously considering trading my Series A for a newer model (2015 or 2016). I am considering used to get a better deal. Traction control is a must have. When looking at a machine how do you visually see it has traction control? I know it can be disabled from inside the cab so that means there is a switch or setting. Where will I find it?

Thanks for the help.
What is traction control on a toolcat? On a tractor its done by the operator by skilled use of independent braking.

/ Traction Control #3  

Thanks for the help.
Need it but don't have it on our Series F, but the switch should be easy to see on the dashboard.

What is traction control on a toolcat? On a tractor its done by the operator by skilled use of independent braking.
Series G Toolcats use a hydrostatic four-wheel drive system.

Here is the explanation from the Website: Toolcat 56 - Bobcat Company

tcs.JPG

/ Traction Control #4  
Traction control is basically same as using independent brakes on a tractor. Difference is there is only 1 brake pedal like in a truck, so using wheel speed sensors the controller notes when a wheel looses traction then applies brake pressure to that wheel forcing the other wheel on that axle to rotate. Same principle used in todays 4X4 trucks.

/ Traction Control #5  
Is it any better than a locking differential?

/ Traction Control

Thanks for the help.
Was able to look at a Toolcat with traction control. The button is on the dash panel. In the attached picture it is the button with the amber light. Just posting to close the loop and so others wondering where it is can see.

1476015186492.jpg

/ Traction Control #7  
   / Traction Control #8  
I checked with my Bobcat Field Rep and he said that the older machines cannot be retrofitted with this new version of traction control.

DEWFPO

/ Traction Control #9  
This is a serial number break in F models, later production can be retrofit with this but earlier production cannot. Kit is not cheap. It requires additional wheel speed sensors, new brake control manifold, and brake line hoses.