Valve Adjustment?

/ Valve Adjustment? #1  

WesternMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
I picked up a 2010 Toolcat with 1,300 hours on it. Very nice machine and incredibly versatile for our small farm, I'm impressed with the capability and build quality.

Reading through the manual it looks like a valve adjustment is routine maintenance every 500 hours I believe? Is this correct? (I didn't ask the previous owner if he had done a valve adjustment but I'll reach out to him and ask)

If this does need to be performed every 500 hours, any idea how much this should cost? What symptoms would an engine display that is in need of valve adjustment?

/ Valve Adjustment? #2  
I picked up a 2010 Toolcat with 1,300 hours on it. Very nice machine and incredibly versatile for our small farm, I'm impressed with the capability and build quality.

Reading through the manual it looks like a valve adjustment is routine maintenance every 500 hours I believe? Is this correct? (I didn't ask the previous owner if he had done a valve adjustment but I'll reach out to him and ask)

If this does need to be performed every 500 hours, any idea how much this should cost? What symptoms would an engine display that is in need of valve adjustment?
Should be every 1000hr. Cost will vary depending on model and your dealer shop rate, Look at the engine and locate the valve cover. If its easily removable (under the bed) it only takes about an hour. improper valve adjustment can cause poor engine performance. The first 1000hr service is very important. :eek: