toolcat c purchase

/ toolcat c purchase
going to take the leap and buy. it looks to be in great shape and the price is right. Mike

/ toolcat c purchase #12  
Mike,
Did you buy the C? Did it have updated motors? Would you share how much you paid? I am trying to figure a value for a similar age 5600 that is not running due to failed drive motor.
Thanks,
Lee

/ toolcat c purchase #13  
Lee, how many hours are on the machine

/ toolcat c purchase #14  
Not sure. I only had a brief discussion with the guy when I was purchasing a non running ASV Rc30 tracked loader from him. I almost have the RC30 running. Once I get everything sorted, I will be using it for about a year and then selling it when I am done.
I saw some posts on TBN where people paid 7-8,000 to have pumps replaced a few years ago. Given that sitting is not good for hydraulics nor mechanical equipment, it is very likely that more than the pumps probably need attention.

Thanks,
Lee

/ toolcat c purchase
I did buy it. honestly cant determine if it has old motors or not. they are definatly the original motors. this machine had 460 hours on it, came with a snow blower, mower and a chipper. paid 37 for it. have only put about an hour on it in the last week but it seems to be in good shape. no lag from slow to fast which I was told was a symptom of bad motors. when it warms a bit I will be crawling under to see if I can find a number on the motor. got my fingers crossed they are the new ones. Mike

/ toolcat c purchase #16  
I did buy it. honestly cant determine if it has old motors or not. they are definatly the original motors. this machine had 460 hours on it, came with a snow blower, mower and a chipper. paid 37 for it. have only put about an hour on it in the last week but it seems to be in good shape. no lag from slow to fast which I was told was a symptom of bad motors. when it warms a bit I will be crawling under to see if I can find a number on the motor. got my fingers crossed they are the new ones. Mike
if they are the origina;s you will be replacing them to a tune of 7500

/ toolcat c purchase
from all I have read here, and there is a lot, its a total crap shoot. some have said they were using 3 vendors for the motors and only 1 had issues. some say early 2005 were bad and later were not. so I really don't have a good answer. this weekend I will be pulling the hydro filter and cutting it open. that will be the real test. brass in the filter and im buying motors. no brass and I think I will feel better. I do have an ace up my sleeve. brother works for a bobcat dealer. hope if I have to buy motors I can get them at his discount. time will tell. stay tuned.

/ toolcat c purchase
Just looking at some old posts and thought I would update. been 3 plus years with the machine. love it. cant complain about the purchase. does EVERYTHING I have asked it to do. its not a digging machine but I didn't buy it for that. love to mow now in the nice cool cab. crab steer makes the hills and pond edge a breeze.
2 years in I did have a front motor failure. found a place here in Maryland that rebuilt the motor for $900. installed and back in action in less than a week. have made a few modifications that make using it easer. all in all I have recommended the machine too several people. even took it over to a friends house and let him do some mowing with it before he purchased his. i am sold. would buy a new one if the chance comes up.
this forum has been a great help. keep it up.
Mike

/ toolcat c purchase #19  
craneman, for what it is worth I too had a 2005 model, it worked well for the 4 years I owned it, never had the motor issue though 4 wheel steer was problematic at times as was the diff lock, this spring traded it for the 2020 model, its night and day how they work and Im yet to pick up a mower for it, the only issues thus far is the top speed, the 2005 would do 20ph this new one tops at 15.5 mph, I have hopes it will improve with new software of use, dealer wants 6 months to see revised software from Bobcat.