Buying Advice contemplating a 5610

/ contemplating a 5610 #1  

scrantchy

Tractor
1998 Deere 5310
Hi everyone, I see municipalities using toolcats all the time, never saw a 5610 though. before i got serious about one, i'd thought I get some opinions here. I do firewood, flail mowing and snow removal for myself and a few homes on my road. No Ag work. I use a p/u for plowing and a Deere 5310 utility tractor to move snow and blow it when I run out of room. I also skid wood with a small Farmi winch.
How is the toolcat's pto? The winch only needs 25 hp and that would be the only thing I would use it for. Iv'e looked at low profile compact tractors and it seems none have a front pto option or enough power to use hydraulic implements. Is there anything else out there?

Last edited:
   / contemplating a 5610
Let me rephrase my scatterbrained post. How do think the 5610 would work for light skids with a logging winch attached to it's pto? It would be done on previously made skid roads.

/ contemplating a 5610 #5  
Let me rephrase my scatterbrained post. How do think the 5610 would work for light skids with a logging winch attached to it's pto? It would be done on previously made skid roads.

The only thing I have used on the PTO is the neighbor's post hole digger with a 9" auger. And it did fine in the red clay here.

The Toolcat will easily lift more than the 1500 pound rating on the loader. It gets used mostly with the 7', 1800 pound brush hog:

PA270004.JPG
PA270010.JPG

Pic1003004.jpg
Pic1003005.jpg

/ contemplating a 5610
That's one mean lookin mower!!

/ contemplating a 5610 #8  
That's one mean lookin mower!!

Yep, and the blades are sharpened on both edges. I use normal rotation for the pasture and reverse rotation for brush. :thumbsup:

P7250001.JPG
P7250005.JPG

P6230017.JPG
P6230018.JPG

/ contemplating a 5610
It sure looks like the Cadillac of UTV's and I'm having trouble deciding since there are so few used ones around and even those are within 10k of a new one. Also you can get get a lot of tractor for 60k. My closest Dealer is 3 hrs away and has a new one in stock. I've got to get out there to get the bug.

/ contemplating a 5610 #10  
why change rotation for bush or grass? does it not just change the side the blades cut on?