2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off...

/ 2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off... #1  

mykleh

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland 1620 & Toolcat 5600
it drove me crazy when using the wipers snowblowing the snow and ice would build up above the wipers at the top of the cab and be a solid block the next time I went to blow.. also because the windshield is so tall the ice builds up on the wiper and it smears more than wipes so I thought I would be smart and shut off the Toolcat with the wipers at almost the bottom of the stroke so as the Toolcat sat with the cab still warm the snow would melt and slide down the windshield.. viola I'm a genius! now when I turn them on and off they stay at the down position... while its still winter for another 2 months here I think in Summer it will aggravate me staring through the wipers sitting there.. anybody ever run into this and what is the fix to get them back up after blower season is over?? long term if this is something I can go back and forth on in Summer and Winter I would actually like it..

/ 2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off... #2  
I would try reversing the process. Still doesn't sound right though. wiper should have retracted regardless of key on or off.:confused3:

/ 2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off... #3  
mykleh, did you try reversing the process? Turn it off when the wipers are at the top.

/ 2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off...
snowing now so I'll know more tonight when I get home from the rock pile..

nope no joy.. tried just with the ignition turning off and wiper position at top when I was done.. thinking last night in bed maybe it needs to be running and shut it off at the top of the stroke ... or I call the dealer but my guess is they will not have any better idea.. if I figure it out it will be nice for winter/summer as the way it was blowing last night huge chunks were coming down from the top as it built up where before they just stuck up there..

/ 2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off... #6  
On vehicles that forget the park position on the wipers I have had to shut the ignition off with the wiper in the park position, then remove the positive battery cable for a few minutes. This doesn't explain of course how you were able to park it in the wrong position to begin with,... but that is my experience.

/ 2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off... #7  
the park switch is typically inside the wiper gearbox, it picks up on the park location, one possibility the gear skipped a few teeth and the park is in the down position, not sure why turning off the ignition in the down position could cause this though

I'll do a couple more experiments this weekend including unplugging the battery and post results..

well tried several things this weekend and last night when I came home to 3' of snow across the drive way.. tried just positioning the wipers up with ignition on.. nope.. tried turning off the machine with the wipers up.. nope.. next I'll try unhooking the negative with them up for a couple days as its supposed to be in the 40's for awhile... Sure love the blower and power.. wouldn't shoot it far but my 1 1/2 hours would have been a lot longer trying to bucket it away and no way a plow would have dealt with 64' of it! View attachment 541914

/ 2012 F series toolcat wiper location when off... #10  
my guess is the wipers have spun on the motor shaft, the motor is stopping in the same place but the arms are off, may just have to adjust the arms manually