Tool Cat vs. RTV

/ Tool Cat vs. RTV #2  
Dave,

Yes to all 3.

The Tool Cat is in a league of its own. Most of us found it overkill unless we parted with other toys. It looks like it could do everything most everything a CUT, UTV and skidsteer could do.

/ Tool Cat vs. RTV #3  
The Toolcat is built with commercial application in mind. According to a local Bobcat dealer he sold a few to school districts. They could be used for plowing, moving, seeding, and other stuff. It replaced a lot of other equipment the school was using.

I think this vehicle falls into the Commercial Utility market. (Like the Pro Gator and the Big Toro)

/ Tool Cat vs. RTV #4  
I agree with the other comments above....the RTV is the most serious workhorse of the Utility crowd, but the Tool Cat is in a league of it's own (at least here in the US). There are some European machines in somewhat similar class.

If I was starting from scratch at this point I would give it serious consideration. Seems like it does a lot of things well.

I think that the original owner of my PT-1845 (Richard in CT or NY) moved up to a PT-1860, then to a Tool Cat.

/ Tool Cat vs. RTV
Hi Rip,

How do Bobcat attachments compare to Powertrac attachments? Are they more durable? Do they cost more?

The thing I like is that Bobcat attachments should be more universal and standard to the construction industry. There should be numerous attachments out there in the marketplace. There is a place just up the road who sells skidsteer attachments (also sells on ebay).

I wonder if I could get a mower or a dozer blade for the front end. Sounds like I may have to pay a visit to the dealer.

Yooper Dave

/ Tool Cat vs. RTV #6  
Yes, Bobcat makes both a finish mower and a brushhog. About $3,500 each though. The great thing is that if you need an attachment for a short time, you can rent it from the local bobcat dealer or rental yard.

This thing is available with air-conditioning as well!!!

/ Tool Cat vs. RTV #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes, Bobcat makes both a finish mower and a brushhog. About $3,500 each though. The great thing is that if you need an attachment for a short time, you can rent it from the local bobcat dealer or rental yard.

This thing is available with air-conditioning as well!!! )</font>

I've attached a photo of my mowing deck...it works great! As you mentioned, any attachments you don't use frequently can be rented from a rental yard as one needs them.

Attachments

• 608775-TC8.jpg
    608775-TC8.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,746
   / Tool Cat vs. RTV
Hi Dean,

How many attachments did you buy with the Tool Cat?

What did you pay?

Are you glad you bought it - would you do it again?

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ Tool Cat vs. RTV #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi Dean,

How many attachments did you buy with the Tool Cat?

What did you pay?

Are you glad you bought it - would you do it again?

Thanks

Yooper Dave )</font>

The basic machine was $32,000 with enclosed cab with heat & air.
/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

As far as attachments, I purchased the 72" mowing deck, hydraulic angle broom, and pallet forks. I can rent any other Bobcat attachment that strikes my fancy from the local rental yard. Also support from the local Bobcat dealer has been awesome.

I absolutely love this machine and would make the same choice in a heartbeat.