Toolcat Oil Question

/ Toolcat Oil Question #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
My Toolcat came without a owners manual...

Anyway, regarding the round oil level indicater window:

Is the oil supposed to be in the middle of the window, or just showing up on the bottom of the window?

I think the previous owner said you could use standard motor oil for the hydraulics, but he used Rotella.

Any knowledgeable input would be greatly appreciated.

Yooper Dave

/ Toolcat Oil Question #2  
Dave,
If you don't hear from the other guys by Monday morning, you could call Bobcat directly. I'm sure they can give you the information you need. Their number is: 701-241-8705.
Rolando

/ Toolcat Oil Question #3  
Come to think, you can probably buy the Users Manual from them as well. Seems like it would be good to have a copy of it.

/ Toolcat Oil Question #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My Toolcat came without a owners manual...

Is the oil supposed to be in the middle of the window, or just showing up on the bottom of the window?

I think the previous owner said you could use standard motor oil for the hydraulics, but he used Rotella.

Yooper Dave )</font>
Dave ,
If it's like my '03 Bobcat Skid Steer S250 the hydraulic level should be in the middle of the sight window with all cylinders retracted. You can also use 10W-30/10W-40 SE if Bobcat hydraulic fluid is not available. I believe that if temp. is below 0 you should use 5W-30 SE. I've always paid a little more and just used Bobcat brand. It's not that much more expensive. Hope this helps.

Fred

/ Toolcat Oil Question #5  
Hey Dave,

Remember to post more pictures of your unit at play! Have you gotten any other attachments to go with the mower deck?

Rolando

/ Toolcat Oil Question #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My Toolcat came without a owners manual...

Yooper Dave )</font>
yooperdave,
Recommended hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid is Bobcat Fluid p/n 6563328, which I think is also p/n 6903117 (2.5 gal) & p/n 6903118 (5 gal). The manuals state that if that fluid is not available, use 10W-30/10W-40 Class SE motor oil for temps above 0 degrees F, or 5W-30 Class SE motor oil for temps below 0 F.

FYI, capacities on the Toolcat are:
Fuel: 10.5 gal (non-Turbo), 16 gal on 5600 Turbo;
Engine Oil Lube & Filter: 7.5 qts.;
Engine Cooling System W/Heater: 13 qts.;
Hydraulic/Hydrostatic Reservoir: 3.7 gal.;
Hydraulic/Hydrostatic System: 38 qts.;
Differential (Front & Rear): 5.6 qts.

In addition to provided Toolcat Operation & Maintenance Manual, I also purchased at minimal cost the HUGE Toolcat 5600 B-series Service Manual, the Toolcat Parts Manual, the Mower Service manual, and the Attachments Volume 8 Parts Manual for complete, illustrated and diagrammed documentation. But the above info was in the basic manual. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif