Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!)

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #11  
Appologies accepted! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nice looking machine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #12  
Looks great Rolando!
You are going to have to report how the HF hydraulics work for you!

Steve

PS SkyPup gives us all prudent advice...take heed!

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #13  
Good pics Rolando.... the C version lift arms do look much improved. It is easy to see how the new paralogram configuration would be almost "self-leveling" for bucket and fork opperations. Also looks like they borrowed the concept (if not actual pieces) from some of their proven backhoe/excavator bucket linkages for the new curl linkage. Should be quite robust.

Question on the switches on the center console: I understand the 2 Wheel vs 4 Wheel Steer switch, but what is the green illuminated switch next to it do? Can you momentarily steer one axle (ie the rear) while keeping the other (ie the front) straight or is it something else? Does it have "Crab mode"? That could come in handy to get out of tight situations.

I got to catch a live one at my dealer one of these days soon. They seem to sell them about as fast as they get them in.

Hope you don't get the brunt of Wilma heading in your general direction.

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #14  
Rip,
The switch on the right (at top of photo) is for the Locking differential, the middle light is an axle indicator used to properly align the axels when changing from 4 wheel steer into normal mode. The switch on the left (bottom) of the photo is 2 vs.4 wheel steer toggle.
Interestingly enough you can intentionally cause crab steer movement, although I am not sure if this is proper!
Steve

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!)
Steve,
What are the buttons with arrows for?

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Steve,What are the buttons with arrows for? )</font>

They're for controlling attachments (like the angle broom), that angle left and right.(Requires the attachment control kit.)

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #17  
<font color="orange"> Steve,
What are the buttons with arrows for </font> I plan on getting a snowblower with hydraulic controls. The cab is meaningless if I have to exit to adjust the snowblower chute all of the time. The up/down arrow will control the chute deflector angle to adjust the snow throwing distance, while the lateral arrows control the chute rotation side to side. COZY.
Some of the other cool buttons, switches and gadgets on the Toolcat...The thumb lever on top of the joystick provides hydraulic reversal (i.e. auger in/auger out), while the joystick trigger provides constant hydraulic flow, as you are aware. FUNCTIONAL.
The round piece in the side windows allow major ventilation, just unclip the rear quarter pane and clip in place with the round piece located half way in the side window. NICE.
The auto glow plugs only activate when necessary, thus saving the battery for when you really need 'em. SMART.
Gotta' Go! BYE
Steve

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #18  
<font color="blue"> Here are shots of the dash showing the keypad for the Keyless Start Security System,... </font>

Rolando,

I'm sure you have described the add-ons / options that you ordered with your ToolCat, but I didn't find that post. So, please forgive me for what is probably a question that you have already answered. How is your ToolCat spec'd out? What options did you include? Is the Keyless Start standard or part of an option package?

Finally, when do you get to stop visiting and actually bring your new baby home? I think many of us are almost as excited as you are. Cool machine!!!

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #19  
Thanks for the info Steve..... crab mode certainly has its place. A number of machines with all-wheel steer do have a means of going into this mode and it can save your hide more often than one might think.

I happen to also have a Chevy truck with Quadrasteer, but the powers that be (read lawyers) did not see fit to allow access to such a mode even for temporary low-speed manuvering. Sounds like Bobcat recognized the real world when they designed this critter.

/ Visited my Toolcat yesterday! (Pictures!) #20  
Rip,
No problem on the info...that's what this site is for! I see what you mean about the possible need to use crab mode.
I have some pastures with double fall lines that are bounded by fence and I think I will be able to up or down better in crab mode than in straight mode. I may tinker with doing this this weekend if time/wife permits!
Steve