toolcat speed - 2 speed?

/ toolcat speed - 2 speed? #1  

mike123

Bronze Member
Tractor
Toolcat B 2004
Is the 2 speed an option for the toolcat? It is listed as an opton in the brochere but I thought top speed was 29 KM/ hour.

/ toolcat speed - 2 speed? #2  
As I understand it Mike, the unit comes standard with a two speed (or range) transmission that can even be shifted "on the fly". Top speed is listed as 10 MPH for low range, and 18 for high.

Within either range the hydrostatic action varies pressure and flow to achieve the required ground speed and tool power as needed. The "foot feed" affects this action and thus is not a "gas pedal" as one may initially think. The Throttle is a separate control and is usually set at a particular speed for a specific task or load situation.

/ toolcat speed - 2 speed? #3  
Mike,
Could you be thinking about the 'High Flow' option? The brochure does refer to 2 flow rates, depending if you have this option, 18 gallons per minute (gpm) or 26 gpm. But this addresses the flow rate of hydraulic fluid for implements, as I understand it, and not the rate of travel, which is a factor of transmission low/high range and the position of the drive pedal.

I couldn't find a reference in the brochure to a 2-speed option. But I don't know if they make a different version of the brochure for Canada. The max speed in low range is 16 km/hour, while as you mentioned, the high range max speed it 29 km/hour.

/ toolcat speed - 2 speed? #4  
Mike,
Some other interesting points of the standard 2 Speed Toolcat is that when in Low Gear (up to 10 mph max) if you take your foot off of the go pedal you promptly stop. When in high gear (Up to 18 mph), you coast to a stop if you perform the same action. You can change gear on the fly and it is seemless, but I would not recommend 4 wheel steer with high speed! You can quickly get in "over your head", from what my salesman told me. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Steve

/ toolcat speed - 2 speed?
thanks - this is what I thought but one dealer told me 2 speed was an option. I thought I would make sure.

/ toolcat speed - 2 speed? #6  
There is a 2 speed option that allows up to 24 MPH but this may be an aftermarket item.
The one I have has an extra switch that can be engaged only in high range and must be done without power applied that will allow 24.8 MPH or 39.9 KPH.
Any attempt to exceed this and the warning buzzer goes off and "SPEED!" is displayed.
At that point it will no longer allow high range until the computer is reset, as in a trip to the dealer.

/ toolcat speed - 2 speed? #7  
where can I get this 24 mph upgrade for my toolcat? thanks

There is a 2 speed option that allows up to 24 MPH but this may be an aftermarket item.
The one I have has an extra switch that can be engaged only in high range and must be done without power applied that will allow 24.8 MPH or 39.9 KPH.
Any attempt to exceed this and the warning buzzer goes off and "SPEED!" is displayed.
At that point it will no longer allow high range until the computer is reset, as in a trip to the dealer.