Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat?

/ Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat? #1  

bam747

Silver Member
Palmer Divide in El Paso County, Colorado
Tractor
John Deere 4720 (2007)
Does anyone know why Bobcat doesn't list any of their own backhoe attachments as being compatible with the ToolCat?

They do list several different size backhoes that are compatible with various skid steer and track loaders and even their MT55 mini track loader.

Is there some kind of interference issue with the ToolCat cab and the backhoe implements? Is there some kind of stability issue because of the ToolCat's suspension?

Has anyone seen if the new C series ToolCat with it's new lift arm configuration is now compatible with the backhoe attachments?

Has anyone heard of any third party backhoes that will work with the ToolCat?

If any of you ToolCat owners could ask your dealer's about this, the info could sure be handy.

/ Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat? #2  
BAM747,
What depth do you need to dig to? There are several aftermarket alternatives for trenching...but dedicated 180 degree swinging backhoes that dig to 9 feet; that, I am not sure of! Toolcat compatable front hoe
Steve

/ Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat?
It's really just a general question. Personally, I don't understand why you can't use a standard backhoe attachment on the ToolCat like you can on Bobcat's skid steers.

I tried asking this question of a local Bobcat dealer, but the person I talked to had only anecdotal answers about how the "ToolCat is not designed to dig". Huh? That's why I was hoping someone could get a real answer from the Bobcat dealer where they bought their ToolCat.

/ Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat? #4  
bam747,
I don't have good answers to all of your Toolcat backhoe questions yet, but hopefully several Toolcat owners or prospects will gather such info this week from dealers and Bobcat itself.

I'm not sure if the Toolcat has technical problems with standard backhoe attachments for loaders that require mounting kits or stabilizers, or if it is simply not advisable due to lift arm limitations, suspension, breakout force, cab positioning, etc., or if Bobcat wants to encourage (safer?) dedicated digging equipment sales for major backhoe work.

The C-series Toolcat MAY very well take care of many earlier concerns. Note most std. backhoe (ill-named, it's on front! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) attachments for Bobcat loaders dig 8-10 ft., have 5000+ lbf bucket dig force, and have 180 degree swing angles.

But the Bobcat Bob-Tach Mounted Backhoe attachment might just be suitable (I don't know), esp. on C-series Toolcats. It digs up to 6 ft. deep and you can swing the dipper left or right 48 degrees (for less ground disturbance when dumping). And this mounts directly to loader on Bob-Tach quick attach, and does not require mounting kits or stabilizers.

A well-built similar mini-hoe (but without the 48 degree angling) may be found from Skid Steer Solutions. But take care! And you can also consider Bobcat Trenchers (up to 3 or 4 ft. deep), Bobcat Diggers (up to 4ft. deep), Markham Welding grubbing buckets, etc. Or rent a mini-excavator for big jobs!

/ Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat? #5  
Here's another possibility: the <font color="blue">Baby Boomer</font>. I think using the dump function of the Toolcat FEL to dig in would be a problem, but using something like this that has it's own cylinder from aux. hydraulics to curl the hoe bucket might work.

/ Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat? #6  
Everyone:
I am attending a dealer training seminar on the 5600 Toolcat this Thursday. I will see what I can find out regarding current or upcoming backhoe attachments for the 5600.

Anything else? I will check this TBN thread Thurday morning before I leave for the "class" in case you have any other questions.

Rob

/ Backhoe attachments for the ToolCat? #7  
Thanks, BobcatBoy/Rob! I'm sure we'll post some good questions for you to ask and hopefully get answered. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Note BobcatBoy started a new thread, Any Toolcat questions?, for questions for him to bring to the Toolcat training seminar that are unrelated to continued discussion in this backhoe attachments thread.