New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
New \"new version\" 56 hp Toolcat

The last remaining issue for me on buying a Toolcat was the fact that I could not use the dozen or two 3 pt hitch implements I have for my tractor. I just spoke with my Bobcat dealer and he told me that they now have the "new" new version of the 56 hp Toolcat that has a 3 pt. hitch as well as a 540 rpm PTO. If all this is true, I'm more than likely hooked up on one unless they just want to stab me on the price.

Has anyone else heard of these newest additions to the Toolcat? In particular I'm interested in the 3 pt. hitch and 540 rear PTO options. I'd love to have final details. I'm on my way now to my dealer to test drive the "old" new version of the 56 hp Toolcat.

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat #2  
Re: New \"new version\" 56 hp Toolcat

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The last remaining issue for me on buying a Toolcat was the fact that I could not use the dozen or two 3 pt hitch implements I have for my tractor. I just spoke with my Bobcat dealer and he told me that they now have the "new" new version of the 56 hp Toolcat that has a 3 pt. hitch as well as a 540 rpm PTO. If all this is true, I'm more than likely hooked up on one unless they just want to stab me on the price.

Dargo...wow!!

I am in the same boat with you...I just sold a medium size utility tractor and having to liquidate all of my 3pt implements is really a drag. If the toolcat had a three point hitch and a rear 540pto it would be perfect! I will email bobcat with an inquiry on this. Question is if so when, and if not soon will it be an dealer installed option like rear hydraulics and the rear PTO that can be added after the fact to C series machines.

If you know anymore details on these two issues please post asap

Thanks

SD-Dave /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Has anyone else heard of these newest additions to the Toolcat? In particular I'm interested in the 3 pt. hitch and 540 rear PTO options. I'd love to have final details. I'm on my way now to my dealer to test drive the "old" new version of the 56 hp Toolcat. )</font>

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat #3  

I read talk of a 3pt option as well as a self-loading bed but have not found anything to substantiate it. The self-loading bed would be most appealing to me.

Since the 'C' was introduced last fall it would seem that a newer version would be a ways out. Maybe the 3pt option is just a new option? Will be interesting to here what Bobcat says about it.

FWIW, the dealer I use wasn't even familiar with the currently available PTO and rear hydraulics options.

dsb

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat

Dang!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I still can't get a straight answer from my dealer. I am looking at the version "C". It appears that they don't have the 3 pt. hitch details worked out yet, but perhaps I can now use my 3 pt. 6' bush hog now?!

If so, I would REALLY like to get a price on a new version "C", or latest version, unit with a 72" front mower, high flow hydraulics, and a front bucket. For use on my farm, it may be to my benefit to buy this out of state right now. If anyone knows a dealer who wants to make a sale, PLEASE have them sharpen their pencil and get in contact with me. Those who know me know I'm a buyer, but I do drive a bit of a bargain. If the deal is right; have cash and trailer; will travel! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat #5  

Dang

my guy is very good, in process of building a new store just for bobcat, I have a good quote on the same machine turbo hi-flow 5600 with bucket 90" mower etc. The rear hydro and rear PTO are both dealer installed accessories and not too badly priced. I am not sure where you are but if you are willing to head near me...let me know and I will put you in contact with them...they are really good guys who I have done a lot of business with....maybe a new toolcat soon also!

I would hope if the three point ever comes it will be just as the other pieces dealer installed option. I will post any info I get from my contact at Bobcat.

Cheers

SD-Dave /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm a long drive away, but I have nice trailer and a big truck if the price is right. Do you have any prices?

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Man, did I ever get hammered into my place on a Toolcat. After spending over an hour with a factory tech on the phone and a couple of hours at a dealer, a Toolcat will just never happen for me. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

By best estimates it will be mid 2007 before there will be the availability for a 3 pt. hitch and PTO on a 56 HP turbo Toolcat. Add a decent stereo, rear work lights, rear wiper, a spray in bed liner, a 72" front finish mower and a 63" front bucket and the price will definitely be well over $50k. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As much as I like them, I had to admit to the dealer and the factory guy, I'll never buy one at those prices. They told me that they might have a $500 rebate or something to jump start the sales again, but I told them that it would have to be something like a $15,000 rebate to get me jump started on one. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Even my wife liked one and loved the way it drove, but the price totally killed the deal. Maybe with enough input from people like us Bobcat will realize that they can make a huge profit on a few people or a reasonable profit on a huge number of people. Bummer! I was really stoked on a Toolcat.

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat #8  

Have you considered buying a "used" Toolcat?

You would probably save 40% off of new.

I did, and have no regrets.

Yooper Dave

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Man, did I ever get hammered into my place on a Toolcat. )</font>

Dargo, you could always come over to the dark side and join us PT owners for a lot less money, but you'd have to forego the cab, A/C, etc.

Or, wait on the rumored smaller Toolcat that's supposed to be coming out in the next year or so...

I'd love to have a Toolcat -- but simply can't/won't pay that kind of money for my needs, especially when it comes to attachments.

I understand that they're "commercial grade" -- but I'm just a homeowner...

I wish there were an aftermarket for the PT attachments, which are more "homeowner" or "light-commercial" grade. .IMO, some manufacturer is really missing the mark by not offering a homeowner-priced machine that uses the new mini-loader QA setup like Kanga, Dingo, etc.

/ New "new version" 56 hp Toolcat #10  

I don't think Bobcat is serious about marketing the Toolcat to individuals, they seem to target more of an institutional grounds maintenance market that can handle those prices. It is IMO a stretch to be adding a 3pt hitch and other tractor type implements to these things anyway. Those wheels are dinky. How could you do ground engaging work and maintain any traction? They are well engineered for grounds maintenance not field work (a la tractor). Sure they are great mowers if you have athletic fields, big lawns or an occasional flat field to mow but they really should not been seen as interchangable with an equivalent Hp tractor/cab. Kind of analagous to expecting an SUV to handle the same tasks as a pickup. Nicer to ride in but with big compromises on the work side.