If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #91  
The front tires are dragging, like they are locked up. Only does this sometimes.
Most times I can put it in reverse and it will free up. Other times it still drags the front tires in reverse. It is showing no error codes.

One time a few years ago it did the same thing but the rear tires were dragging. It was showing an error code then, for the rear speed sensor. Fixed that with some contact cleaner sprayed on the connector.

Thanks

Chickenman:
Did you get any help with this? I have a 2003 with the same issue. Mine shows no codes, but has in the past triggered the rear sensor once in a while. Seems to only do it when hot, but may just be coincidence. I'd love to hear if you're able to get help with this. My dealer hasn't been able to help me.

BLES

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #92  
Chickenman:
Did you get any help with this? I have a 2003 with the same issue. Mine shows no codes, but has in the past triggered the rear sensor once in a while. Seems to only do it when hot, but may just be coincidence. I'd love to hear if you're able to get help with this. My dealer hasn't been able to help me.

BLES

No, didn't get any help with this. I noticed also it only starts doing this when it gets warm.

I really like the Toolcat. I just wish Bobcat had better service on these machines.

If it was a John Deere product, a guy could get some help.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #94  
my toolcat 5600 has been down for a while with drive problems.As soon as it warms up a little it will barely move . The mechanic and techs diagnosed a faulty pump.First a rebuild and then new.No change and now they want to replace the drive motors.How common is this?The machine has 1000 easy hours on it. thanks richard
I have just purchased a d series 2009 toolcat and am unsure of its capabilities on rough terrain. How does it do on hills and getting across stream where banks slope up steeply. Any anectodal information on handling (rollovers or tipping) would be appreciated.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #95  
I'm sorry I posted my question improperly the first time. Here it is in the right place. I just purchased a 2009 toolcat 5600 and I am unsure of it capablities in rough terrain. Is it prone to rollover and tipping with 68 inch bucket loaded with dirt or with grapple rake and large log. Can I take it across stream bed where banks angle up at 40 degrees. Any general and anecdotal responses will be appreciated. swein

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #96  
I am an Inspector for a maintenance company recently deployed to Iraq. We acquired a Toolcat 5600 (2004 model) with a very much needed forklift attachment. It is currently throwing two error codes: 50-07 and 33-23. We believe the error to be with the forward/reverse switch, but with no manual to check the codes, we can't be sure. Is anyone able to assist with this issue?
Thanks!

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #97  
On the 2007 model, 50-07 equates to "FPR switch no signal"...so you're right about the Fwd/Park/Rev switch. 33-23 equates to "Main Controller (Bobcat Controller) not programmed". IIRC, the FPR switch is a simple single-pole, multiple-throw switch...so testing might not be too hard. When I had the 50-07 error on my TC, it completely took down the machine. I "fixed" it by going through the wiring harness and insulating wires that had chaffed on the chassis. Sorry...I don't have a clue about the nature of the other error.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #98  
I think the 33-23, 'Main controller not programmed' will have to be addressed by a Bobcat dealer. They need to access the computer and reprogram or update it. It could be that the code got corrupted by a voltage surge or some type of electrical issue, possibly connected with your switch problem. I recently had some servicing done and the road tech connected up a laptop and upgraded the computer program. This actually took care of a surging problem (uneven acceleration at crawling speeds) that I had been having. The computer controls just about everything on these machines. On the missing manual, google for it. I've been able to find manuals for used Bobcat equipment on the internet without paying the outrageous prices Bobcat wants to charge for them. Just make sure that your serial number is within the range stated on the manual you're buying.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #99  
Thanks for the info. We will pull the harness and see if any of the wires are possibly grounded to the frame or anything like that. The FPR switch works when it feels like it, provided we only want to go forward. As soon as we switch to reverse, it locks up and throws the code. As far as the other error, is there a way to reset the codes? Perhaps unhooking the batteries for an hour or so? If we get the switch fixed, I'd like to clear the codes to see if there is really still a problem...

Thanks!
298th SMC
US Army

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #100  
On the FPR switch, pin 1 is to "switched +12v", pin 6=F, pin 5=P, pin 4=R. Apparently the wires are numbered with Wire #4800 going to pin 6, 4820 going to pin 5, 4870 going to pin 4. Wire #1800 is the switched 12v. This is out of the Service Manual for a 2007 model so YMMV.

To see if codes persist, they must be displayed. At that point (with the code displayed), turn the ignition key to the off position. Then turn it to the on position. If the code goes away it was an intermittent issue; otherwise, not. Check for codes with the FPR switch in each of its three positions. If the code persists only in one position, disconnect the cable from the FPR switch and use a paper clip or something to emulate the FPR switch. If the code(s) persist, the problem probably isn't the switch. If the problem goes away, the FPR switch is suspect.

But in all this, the first step is to see if 50-07 is present in all three positions (F,P,R). The key must be cycled "OFF/ON" after each selection. If you post what your results are I can tell you what the service manual flow chart says about it.