If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #121  
tmarch thanks for reply just learning how to use this forum, i talked to the dealer today he sent me picture;s the toolcat does have hiflow not sure it;s necessary but it's equiped. it comes
with no attachments with that price except bucket and a 6 month warranty. when you say heavy lifting is that over the 1500lbs or close to, i'm use to my farm tractor with a 2000 lb lift and haven't had any problems not really lifting any thing heavy just normal stuff around the farm. i'm excited about the toolcat just like to hear from other users pro's and con's

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #122  
Just a note about loader ratings. I had both a Kubota L5030 tractor with the LA853 loader and the 'C' series 5600 Toolcat for a time.

The LA853 is rated at 1,764 lbs at 20 inches, the Toolcat's loader is rated at 1,500 lbs. I had to move a full pallet of 4 x 10 Hardi board panels for a short distance. This is something that I wouldn't recommend, because it was clearly beyond the ratings of either machine. But it was on concrete and I only needed to move it about 10 feet.

I got the Kubota, since I figured it was the stronger loader. I was able to lift the pallet until the two extreme edges of the pallet were about to come off the ground and the Kubota was done. It couldn't get the pallet off the ground. Out of desperation, I tried it with the Toolcat. It took getting a couple of guy on the truck bed for counter balance and the rear wheels were still very light, but I was able to pick up the pallet and move it the short distance I needed and the loader itself didn't have a problem with the lift.

Unfortunately, you can't tell just from the ratings which is really the stronger loader. It depends on how conservative the company is. Bobcat must clearly be more conservative than Kubota, because the Toolcat loader is much stronger than the Kubota LA853.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #123  
tmarch thanks for reply just learning how to use this forum, i talked to the dealer today he sent me picture;s the toolcat does have hiflow not sure it;s necessary but it's equiped. it comes
with no attachments with that price except bucket and a 6 month warranty. when you say heavy lifting is that over the 1500lbs or close to, i'm use to my farm tractor with a 2000 lb lift and haven't had any problems not really lifting any thing heavy just normal stuff around the farm. i'm excited about the toolcat just like to hear from other users pro's and con's

As far as lifting the biggest factor is the toolcat suspension, it's not designed for a real heavy load. I know some have added rear ballast to increase the traction and lifting potential, I'd rather not over stress the suspension so I haven't done that. Mine will lift over 1500 pounds, but I like to keep it less than that if possible and if lifting heavy loads keep them close to the ground. I'm shopping for a tractor to move my 1500-1800 pound bales.
The other problem is the center boom attachment for dirt work isn't as strong as a say a loader or skid steer attachment close to the edges of the bucket.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #124  
thanks for the input Rolando making a decision soon, i'm leaning towards the tool cat do you know what a 7 pin attachment is?????

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #125  
I believe that refers to the control socket that gives you additional movements for the attachment. It works with the Attachment Control Kit.

Per the Bobcat website:

"Optional Attachment Control Kit.
Easily make attachment adjustments on the fly with the optional Bobcat attachment control kit. It allows you to control secondary attachment functions like angle adjustments on the broom, blade or soil conditioner from the comfort of the cab."

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #126  
I believe that refers to the control socket that gives you additional movements for the attachment. It works with the Attachment Control Kit.

Per the Bobcat website:

"Optional Attachment Control Kit.
Easily make attachment adjustments on the fly with the optional Bobcat attachment control kit. It allows you to control secondary attachment functions like angle adjustments on the broom, blade or soil conditioner from the comfort of the cab."

thanks rolando, u been a lot of help i'm going to the dealer nex week and check it out i'l let u know how i end up with or with out, but i do think this is the machine for me. either a new one or one with low hr's

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #127  
Overstressing the suspension with heavy loads will damage the shocks, causing them to leak fluid. When you replace a shock, it comes assembled with the spring and runs $375. I've just replaced my two front ones.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #128  
Why do the lower ball joints in the suspension not have zerk fittings but the ones on top, which look virtuallly identical otherwise do?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #129  
Why do the lower ball joints in the suspension not have zerk fittings but the ones on top, which look virtuallly identical otherwise do?

My guess:
Seems bottom zerks would be easy to tear-off. Although I generally adhere to "the more zerks the better" idea, I might make an exception for the lower ball joints.

I just replaced a tie rod and it looks like it would be relatively easy to add a zerk at the tie rod end. There's a little metal cap on the TRE that looks like it covers a hole that was made for a zerk. However, tearing-off a zerk on a TRE looks easier than tearing one off a lower ball joint.

It seems like with a minor (?) change in the A-arm casting, protection could be provided for a lower ball joint zerk (upper as well).

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #130  
My guess:
Seems bottom zerks would be easy to tear-off.

Point well taken. Don't guess it will be a huge deal to replace a ball joint down the road when the time comes. Probably will be a long time. What an amazing machine this thing is. Could bushhog all day in it. I love it. Got a bushhog and a landscape rake being delivered today (been borrowing my dad's to try it out)