Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

Need Toolcat help. I am looking for someone that would have parts for the Comer Ind. Hydro motors.Part # on the pump is 6.691012 I just need the rotating group.Thanks

717-263-0705 Cory

Tractor
    Toolcat 5600

In the four wheel turn setting on my tool cat the machine seems to be tracking weird, as if it's sorta running sideways.

What's up?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series

The four-wheel steer sometimes will go out of alignment. Re-straighten the wheels and you should be fine until you notice it again. While in 4-wheel, make sure the rear wheels light is on, then switch to 2-wheel and get the front wheels light to turn on as well. You can then switch back to 4-wheel steer and they should be straight.
    "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all its eggs in." - Robert A. Heinlein

Tractor
    Toolcat 5600

My D series Toolcat, is very good on snow, but not worth beans in even shallow mud - it losses traction easily and slides sideways, it's so heavy and the clearance is crap. Even my 3/4 ton Avelanche is better in the mud and it is a pig, really disappointed with Toolcat in mud, if anyone has a solution please let me know. Maybe, I am not running the machine correctly or there is a setting I am unaware of, but it is worthless on wet ground ruts up everything and gets stuck easily! I live in New York state, it rains a lot making use of the Toolcat limited.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series

This may be a stupid question, but does the problem persist even in the 'Work' setting (low gear)?
    "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all its eggs in." - Robert A. Heinlein

Tractor
    Toolcat 5600

Not certain, will try work mode setting!
    Thanks

Tractor
    Bobcat toolcat

I have a 2006 series C toolcat. I have found the same results in the mud. I had it buryed in mud up to the axles last weedend. Was in the woods hauling firewood, where i probably shouldnt have tried to go. Mine does go go through more mud than my silverado, so if my truck wouldnt go through it i just stay out of it if possible. It took a little while to get out but did inch it out with the bucket

Bronze Member

I believe the "Work" button only changes the response of the pedal to move the machine forward or backwards. In the A model manual they describe using the work mode for inching in to couple with a tool. The response of the pedal allows more foot travel for limited forward movement of machine. Other later models may be different.

Bronze Member

I have also been disappointed in the Toolcat's traction. I have a Land Rover, a Jeep, and a Mule that all perform better. The reason is that the Toolcat D series was designed for 'turf' use rather than off-road use. I can explain further if you're really interested.

Search this forum for traction issues and visit:

Toolcat Gets Stuck Again - YouTube (Toolcat Gets Stuck Again)

ps: The Toolcat is dangerous in mud or loose soil if you are on an incline; be careful and don't try to drive out of it, you'll flip the machine. Speaking from experience, it best to get winched out.

Tractor
    JD4710, Toolcat

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    The four-wheel steer sometimes will go out of alignment. Re-straighten the wheels and you should be fine until you notice it again. While in 4-wheel, make sure the rear wheels light is on, then switch to 2-wheel and get the front wheels light to turn on as well. You can then switch back to 4-wheel steer and they should be straight.
    Does anybody know where the switches are for the steering indicators? My rear indicators is not lighting up..

Thanks

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast