If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #141  
I just got off the phone with my dealership in reference to my 2009 Toolcat 5600D's traction issue, the technician told me that "work mode" would significantly increase the traction on my machine and that combining that with extra weight in the box should allow me to navigate through muddy areas with ease. He also recommended taller and narrower tires to cut down on float.... Not sure if he was just shining me on or if these suggestions will really dramatically improve my machines' traction, but he insisted that "work mode" transfers low end power to the wheels! Anyone know for sure if this is the case or not?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #142  
Does anybody know where the switches are for the steering indicators? My rear indicators is not lighting up..

Thanks

The sensor might be shot, or just a blown bulb. If you don't want to go through the expense of a service visit, you might just do it by sight. Just look at the rear tires and when they look straight, you're good to go. There's a lot of play in the indicator anyway. I can move the wheel several inches without the light going out.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #143  
Where are they located? I may have both a lamp out and a sensor gone but I can't locate it.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #144  
Sorry I may have jacked this thread. My guess is your problem.is a traction issue. If the wheels are spinning and the machine is sinking, How is more power going to help?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #145  
Work shuts the horse power management off and requires pushing on the pedal a little more before drive starts to engage. Explanation HP management example - if driving in normal mode @ full pedal stroke and you start to go up an incline, the hydrostatic drive will automatically back off some to keep engine RPM up. Work mode just shuts this feature off so driver has full control and changes the ratio of pump stroke/pedal movement.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #146  
Where are they located? I may have both a lamp out and a sensor gone but I can't locate it.

Wheel position sensors are located in the top of the king pin at right front and left rear on straight axle models (pre-D series). D series they are located on the front & rear steering cylinders.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #147  
Thanks for the relpy.. I'll check it out

Alan

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #148  
Hi Penderie..
I have the user manual for you..And i am sure you can find the switches in the steering indicators..
Operating
The product review is given with each of its parts identified..

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #149  
I posted recently on by 256 hour 2009 toolcat 5600 having intermittent swashplate errors. Dealer after over a week said it needed a new swashplate sensor. Any ideas on how much it should cost to replace the swashplate sensor (include cost of swashplate sensor) Thanks swein:confused:

Last edited:
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #150  
I have a 2011 Bobcat toolcat. I start to drive it and then locks up on me no fwd movement plus I dont have reverse function. displays shows 50-59 now showing 50-54. once i restart vehicle it runs for a while and locks up again. talk to dealer they said swashplate sensors could be bad? Where is this swashplate and sensors located???