If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #201  
Hey any help would be appreciated. Going into the firewood processing business and was looking at a 2006 or newer 5600 toolcat high flow for feeding the processor logs with forks and loading a dump trailer with a bucket. I was also going to use the toolcat with a snowblower in the winter for residential driveways as it seems to have a decent travel speed for getting around town. A little worried about the boom as I have heard some of the older ones had problems. Is that fixed ? And if so what year did they fix

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #202  
The only boom problems that I know of were in the rollback on A/B series. C series supposedly fixed that with geometry change. My F series dumps a little better than my B but aside from a smoother ride and sitting up higher, the F and B act pretty much the same when loading wood especially with forks. With heavy forks like a Bobcat industrial grapple, the B seems to have trouble with rollback on certain attachments when dumping at full height in my tall dump trailer. I lift and carry a 2600 lb attachment to load on my flatbed truck and use the forks to move very large oak logs that easily weigh over 1000 lbs. While it groans at 2600 lbs, which is 1100 over ROC, I go very slow and I'm very careful when it is overloaded. With forks that don't weigh much, you can carry large logs and the all wheel steer will make it easier to maneuver. Truth be told, I felt like the heavy attachment was more stable on the front of my B (engine in middle behind cab than on the F (engine middle left). I can't speak on the snow blower but it runs a high flow stump grinder and auger good.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #203  
Another question I have is how do I tell if A machine is high flow? Concerned a salesmen will try to convince me a machine is equipped with it when it's not and would like to check the sin or something to be sure as they say a snowblower in these parts is useless without high flow. Any help?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #204  
Look on the front boom for a sticker close the auxiliary couplers, if Hi-flow there would have been a sticker there. Also (on older machine) make sure it has a turbo. No Hi-flow was ever produced without the higher HP turbo engine. There is a switch on the center console to turn Hi-flow on, if it does not have the switch it won't be H-flow. Location switch on the console varies with series build.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #205  
I can give you all the info.

UFM82
My first posting. Currently own a 2009 bobcat T190 with 630 hours on it, purchased for cottage construction but now being used for a lot of snow blowing. Tracks too slippery. Researching trading it in on a Toolcat, either a series D or F. Do you have any comments on the difference between these 2 that would make me want to spend the extra money on the newer F series. Demoed a new G on the weekend and it didn't have traction control -- got it stuck when the left side slipped off the road a few inches of snow and the right side tires just spun on ice. Decided hydrostatic traction control is a must but I'm really not interested in the newest G series -- that's all the dealer had for me to try out. Great forum, really enjoy the read, keep up the good work!!

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #206  
Slummer, :welcome:to TractorByNet! :thumbsup:

I only have experience with the F. Mine has to be in 2 wheel steer for the diff lock to work.

The neat thing is you can set the rear wheels to any angle that you need, then push 2 wheel steer.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #207  
You will have a toggle switch on your dash that allows you to turn HTC off or on. The manual says it turns on automatically on start up. When would you want to use the angled or crab steering?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #208  
You will have a toggle switch on your dash that allows you to turn HTC off or on. The manual says it turns on automatically on start up. When would you want to use the angled or crab steering?
I don't have HTC on my 2012 F series.

I use crab steering for several things, but mostly when mowing with the 7' brush hog, to keep the cab farther from the trees at the edge of the woods.
P8300017.JPG P8300020.JPG

Add on the dam, it looks and fells less likely to roll. :D
P8300006.JPG P8300013.JPG

This is straight, no crab steer offset. :eek:
P9250008.JPG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #209  
I have a 2010 Toolcat 5600, both the turn signals and hazard lights stopped working. I replaced the fuses and relay but still nothing, do you have any input on this? Thanks

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #210  
I have a 2010 Toolcat 5600, both the turn signals and hazard lights stopped working. I replaced the fuses and relay but still nothing, do you have any input on this? Thanks

:welcome: to TractorByNet! :thumbsup:

The 5610 has one 10 amp fuse and a flasher, don't see a relay.

If you have 12 volts at the fuse, the flasher may be bad. Pull it and check it for continuity.