If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #251  
The clunk would be the solenoid so this one is working. jump wire from battery to starter motor side to see if it isn't the cable. if starter turn over, cable is at fault. if it make noise trying to turn but doesn't turn,then might be engine seized or something else.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #252  
Have you put a large wrench/socket on the crank bolt and tried to slowly turn the engine to see if it's locked up?

DEWFPO

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #253  
Several questions out of curiosity :

1) I don't have a Power Bob-Tach (PBT) and wondered where the hoses for the PBT attach to on the Toolcat. The only pics I have seen show it going up the boom arms but I couldn't see where they terminate.

2) Re: Bobcat Snowblowers. Are there any other distinguishable ways of telling the difference between the 8.0 and the 9.6 motor packages on a SB-200 other than 3 hydraulic lines on the 8.0 versus 2 lines on the 9.6?

I am no hydraulics expert so please pardon my simple questions in advance. Maybe someone can explain to me why the high fan speed (lower torque) 8.0 motor package requires 3 hoses (2 large, 1 smaller diameter) and the lower fan speed (higher torque) 9.6 motor pkg. only requires the 2 large hoses.

Is the only difference between the two motor pkgs. the fan speed/torque but auger speed/torque the same?

I've had both over time and noticed that the SB200 with the 8.0 would throw light snow much further but would bog down easily and distance thrown would drop off just as quickly whereas the SB200 with the 9.6 doesn't throw the snow very far but it will chew through most anything without blinking.

Thanks in advance, DEWFPO

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #254  
Several questions out of curiosity :

1) I don't have a Power Bob-Tach (PBT) and wondered where the hoses for the PBT attach to on the Toolcat. The only pics I have seen show it going up the boom arms but I couldn't see where they terminate.
---------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance, DEWFPO

I would guess they go to a solenoid valve controlled by the switch on the dash.

------------ Can't help with the snowblower questions.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #255  
I would guess they go to a solenoid valve controlled by the switch on the dash. ------------ Can't help with the snowblower questions.
On my 2011 F series 5600, the pressure hoses go down on the ridge side of the center rail until about under the passenger's seat, then they cross over to the driver's side and end at a power switch under the driver's seat. The endpoint can be accessed through the small panel to which the little fuse box is attached. The crazy thing is that the two hoses are "one piece." How do I know? Well, last week while mowing buckthorn a piece of buckthorn got logged behind the RHS power bobtach and ripped both hoses off at their nipples. I had to remove them all the way. Took about 4 hours, mainly because I had trouble locating the end points. Call to the dealer was of no help as they had no idea where the endpoints were. They are $200 a piece from Bobcat. Had them repaired at a local power hose shop ($39) and split, so that I will not have to remove them all the way if it were to happen again. Overall a poor design in my estimation. Hope this helps

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #256  
Thanks for the information.

DEWFPO

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #257  
Gentleman,

I was surfing today and noticed this thread and the discussion regarding Wheel Speed Sensors. FWIW, if you replace a wheel speed sensor (particularly on older models) you will want to very closely inspect the small magnet that ‘faces’ the sensor and ‘reads’ the speed. The magnet on the older units was actually cutting into the face of the sensor and causing premature failure of the sensor and should be replaced as well. Not replacing the magnet will quickly ‘kill’ the new sensor and another $340.00. Take care when removing the magnet as it can very easily fall into the cavity of the axle. PS. It was a bear to get the magnet loose and I ended up using a micro torch.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #258  
timm9, thanks for this advice. I replaced the sensor and couldn't get it to work, therefore disconnected it. Maybe the facts you reference explain why it didn't work.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #259  
Dwayne: I am considering buying an older toolcat - an A or B series with around 1500 hours. The dealer said he has one coming in in good shape for around $17,000 with a bucket. The reason I'm considering a used model is cost driven. I only plan on using it for snow removal with a 72" snowblower on my property and an occasional bucket work like grading. What kind of motor service life should I expect from a machine with this number of hours? Do you recommend I stay away from the A or B series?

The other machine I was considering was a Kubota 1100X, but then I'd have to buy a complete hydraulically driven snowblower for about $10,000!!

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #260  
Got a 50-56 code. CAN com error.
Happened early today.
Running fine now.
Anyone able to give more insight on this problem.
Thx