If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #261  
Got a 50-56 code. CAN com error.
Happened early today.
Running fine now.
Anyone able to give more insight on this problem.
Thx
Saw your PM but will reply here. This code can happen occasionally if switch is moved from OFF to Start too quickly. Try turning key on or Run button on Keyless panel count to 3 then Start. It takes a couple seconds for Controller to check communications with other Drive Controller and sensors, if Started too quickly the Start sequence can interupt the CAN communication process. If this code does come up; turn OFF, turn back ON, wait 2-3 seconds then Start. Code should clear. Other causes for this code would be loose connection or partially broken wire in harness, if that is case the code can pop up during normal running operation.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #262  
What is the breakout force at the pivot pin on a 2015 toolcat 5600?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #263  
What is the breakout force at the pivot pin on a 2015 toolcat 5600?
Bobcat doesn't list it now, but they used to. Also the historical page is not available: Bobcat Historical Specs - Bobcat Company

I measured the lift with no attachment, on my 2012 F Series.

attachment.php

It handles the 800 pound 1 cubic yard bucket better than I thought it would. :thumbsup:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P3220001.JPG
    P3220001.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 1,024
  • P5210001.JPG
    P5210001.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 1,116
  • P7080023.JPG
    P7080023.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,208
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #264  
I have a 2005 Toolcat C that the starter just clicks. We jumped the starter and still won't start. Do we assume it's the starter and change that or do we lift the dump box and change the battery?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #265  
I had a similar problem on my 2003 "A" and found it to be a combination of a weak battery and dirty battery connections. I would remove the battery and have it load tested. If good then I would clean the cable ends really well and retest. Certainly a lot easier than replacing the starter.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #266  
I agree, I would have the battery load tested before replacing any hard parts.

When did you connect your booster battery to?

DEWFPO.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #267  
Hello, I'm new here and joined to get some help. Although I hope to buy a tractor in the future, right now I am borrowing my friends Toolcat 5600. I was using it today to move some dirt, while in 4 wheel steering, I made a turn after dumping, and the steering stopped all together. I can turn the steering wheel in either direction as much as I please and no movement what so ever. all the tires are at close to max turn so I can't try and put it into 2 wheel drive. All the hydraulics work i.e. bucket and bed, but the steering. when turning the wheel, at a couple points in sounds almost like it is binding for a second and then is free again, when it does make the "binding" sound, the wheels seem to momentarily move until the "binding" sound is gone. Any ideas on what this might be would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to hearing from you.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #268  
You can still try 2 wheel steer with the rear axle not straight. I do it a lot, it is called Crab Steering.

438650-if-you-have-toolcat-questions-p8300009-jpg

438651-if-you-have-toolcat-questions-p8300017-jpg

438652-if-you-have-toolcat-questions-p8300020-jpg

Attachments

• P8300009.JPG
    P8300009.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 933
  • P8300017.JPG
    P8300017.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 1,249
  • P8300020.JPG
    P8300020.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 952
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #269  
Check hydro fluid level and ensure it is at correct level. Also try to put in 2 wheel steer and see I'd front wheels turn. Last (although I would check first) make sure there is no dirt caught in steering joints.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #270  
Faxman thanks for your post, although the wheels aren't lined up, I did try engaging the 2 wheel drive with no change.

Tontruck, also thanks for the reply. No dirt caught in steering joints, although while I was looking i noticed what seems recent, fluid coming out of what I'd believe to be the front steering actuator. I'm thinking possibly the fluid level may be low.