If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #271  
Sorry typing on my phone and hit send accidentally. To continue on, my buddy doesn't clean his tractor all too often so I'm not too sure if this has been leaking for a while or if it just started. Forgive my ignorance on not knowing too much on this tractor, but to check they hydronic fluid level, is this done at the resivor? Or should I be checking elsewhere? I'll try and post a picture when I get to my computer, won't let me do it from my phone.

Thanks for your time! You guys are great

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #272  
On my series "A" the hydro reservoir is on left side of machine. To check level look at sight glass and bead should be floating at top of site glass. Lift arm should be down and machine not running. Ideally wheels should be straight. If low, you will need to add enough hydro fluid to straighten wheel and then recheck.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #273  
On my series "F" 5610, the hydro reservoir is also on left side of machine.

P8260001.JPG

The sight glass is right above the battery.

P8260003.JPG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #274  
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the replies, I picked up some hydraulic fluid and topped it off, ran the lift a few times as well as the bucket, steering is still not working. I called the local bobcat center and they said the lines bleed on their own, so no bleeding needed. We spoke at length, he said if its not a blown fuse, and all other hydraulics working, its most likely the steering valve has gone bad, said they have seen a lot of 5600's come in needing that. The valve is PN 6685112 (according to the guy i spoke with). Anyone else had this issue? The cat has 1500 hours on it. The valve as described to me is connected directly to the steering rod, in the front left wheel well. I took a picture but its not letting me upload it, says there is an error, invalid file, its a JPEG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #275  
Are you using the TBN App on your phone?

What series is the Toolcat?

If you don't know, post the first 4 letters and numbers of the serial number.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #276  
I'm not using the app, should I be?

The first 4 on the serial number at A003, or AOO3

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #277  
Alright, downloaded the app and here is a pic of what we suspect to be the problem, the steering valve

Attachments

• image-418415952.jpg
    image-418415952.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 169
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #278  
A003 is a C series.

That looks like the power steering pump to me. It is connected to the shaft from the steering wheel.

The service manual calls it a pump and it is, but it acts like a valve to direct the flow of hydraulic oil from the gear pump to move the steering cylinders controlled by the steering selector valve, to allow all wheel or front wheel steer.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #279  
Thanks Faxman! Just got back from the bobcat dealer. I took a picture of the wrong part. This is the part he thinks is the culprit. Number 6

Attachments

• image-3498077711.jpg
    image-3498077711.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 406
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #280  
Thanks Faxman! Just got back from the bobcat dealer. I took a picture of the wrong part. This is the part he thinks is the culprit. Number 6

image-3498077711.jpg

That is the steering selector valve.