Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738
    Tractor
    John Deere/Massey Ferguson/Bobcat

Same as mine did. It was both drive motors. It worked great after replacing them. ($5500-6000/ouch) still running great 1000hrs later. Never did find any after market replacements. Others might be able to help. They obviously rebuild them b/c bobcat insisted on keeping the old cores. After seeing the inside of the motors and what went wrong, I believe a good tool and die shop could rebuild/make the brass sleeves that go bad.
    Again, there are wiser ones than myself here.

Tractor
    toolcat 5600

Default Re: If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

is there a way of testing the charge pressure, and today one of my operators told me it worked fine for the first 10 mins and then lost its power again, now i dont know if that would have anything to do with it being colder out or not

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by parkcanada View Post
    is there a way of testing the charge pressure, and today one of my operators told me it worked fine for the first 10 mins and then lost its power again, now i dont know if that would have anything to do with it being colder out or not
    Yes you will need the coupler and gauge. Yes temp can influence it. Have you looked at the "weak drive on 5600s"?

Tractor

If all other functions( boom,bucket,steering,bed) are working okay( while not in drive), I believe your charge pressure is fine. Once in drive, the worn areas of the drive motors allow the fluid to bypass the motor easily and all pressure is lost to everything else. As it warms up it gets worse. When my was initially started it would work well for a short time. The colder it was, the longer and better it worked. As the colder hydraulic fluid warms, the fluid viscosity(friction) decrease and passes the worn areas easier. Think of cold syrup through a narrow opening vs warm syrup through same narrow opening.
    Last edited by birddog0304; 06-16-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by birddog0304 View Post
    If all other functions( boom,bucket,steering,bed) are working okay( while not in drive), I believe your charge pressure is fine. Once in drive, the worn areas of the drive motors allow the fluid to bypass the motor easily and all pressure is lost to everything else. As it warms up it gets worse. When my was initially started it would work well for a short time. The colder it was, the longer and better it worked. As the colder hydraulic fluid warms, the fluid viscosity(friction) decrease and passes the worn areas easier. Think of cold syrup through a narrow opening vs warm syrup through same narrow opening.
    That is incorrect. Lift,tilt, bed and aux use separate pumps but are pilot/charge pressure operated. A simple charge pressure test on both front and rear systems will tell the tail. Basically what happens is the motors leak so bad that charge pressure dumps destroking your hydrostatic pumps and causing pilot/charge pressure controlled functions to not work or work poorly.

Tractor

I defer to Jabonee. I meant to reference what would happen with mine regarding all other functions. With regards to the fluid bypassing through the worn motors was as it was explained and shown to me. I agree with you(Jabonee) just wish I could have explained as well as you did.

Tractor
    toolcat 5600

Is there a way to tell if both drive motors are gone or just one of them

Tractor
    Bobcat Toolcat 5600

Can someone please tell me on a D model, where the fuse and relay are located for the Air Conditioning compressor?

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738