If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #371  
Same as mine did. It was both drive motors. It worked great after replacing them. ($5500-6000/ouch) still running great 1000hrs later. Never did find any after market replacements. Others might be able to help. They obviously rebuild them b/c bobcat insisted on keeping the old cores. After seeing the inside of the motors and what went wrong, I believe a good tool and die shop could rebuild/make the brass sleeves that go bad.
Again, there are wiser ones than myself here.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #372  
is there a way of testing the charge pressure, and today one of my operators told me it worked fine for the first 10 mins and then lost its power again, now i dont know if that would have anything to do with it being colder out or not

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #373  
is there a way of testing the charge pressure, and today one of my operators told me it worked fine for the first 10 mins and then lost its power again, now i dont know if that would have anything to do with it being colder out or not

Yes you will need the coupler and gauge. Yes temp can influence it. Have you looked at the "weak drive on 5600s"?:confused3:

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #374  
If all other functions( boom,bucket,steering,bed) are working okay( while not in drive), I believe your charge pressure is fine. Once in drive, the worn areas of the drive motors allow the fluid to bypass the motor easily and all pressure is lost to everything else. As it warms up it gets worse. When my was initially started it would work well for a short time. The colder it was, the longer and better it worked. As the colder hydraulic fluid warms, the fluid viscosity(friction) decrease and passes the worn areas easier. Think of cold syrup through a narrow opening vs warm syrup through same narrow opening.

Last edited:
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #375  
If all other functions( boom,bucket,steering,bed) are working okay( while not in drive), I believe your charge pressure is fine. Once in drive, the worn areas of the drive motors allow the fluid to bypass the motor easily and all pressure is lost to everything else. As it warms up it gets worse. When my was initially started it would work well for a short time. The colder it was, the longer and better it worked. As the colder hydraulic fluid warms, the fluid viscosity(friction) decrease and passes the worn areas easier. Think of cold syrup through a narrow opening vs warm syrup through same narrow opening.
That is incorrect. Lift,tilt, bed and aux use separate pumps but are pilot/charge pressure operated. A simple charge pressure test on both front and rear systems will tell the tail. Basically what happens is the motors leak so bad that charge pressure dumps destroking your hydrostatic pumps and causing pilot/charge pressure controlled functions to not work or work poorly. :mischievous:

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #376  
I defer to Jabonee. I meant to reference what would happen with mine regarding all other functions. With regards to the fluid bypassing through the worn motors was as it was explained and shown to me. I agree with you(Jabonee) just wish I could have explained as well as you did.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #377  
Is there a way to tell if both drive motors are gone or just one of them

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #378  
Can someone please tell me on a D model, where the fuse and relay are located for the Air Conditioning compressor?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #379  
I have an s300 , it travels with the seat bar up but the pedal functions don't work . Should it travel with the bar up . Thank you

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #380  
I have an s300 , it travels with the seat bar up but the pedal functions don't work . Should it travel with the bar up . Thank you

Question should have been posted in Bobcat Construction Equipment Forum not Toolcat. To answer question, yes. If start engine and push the Press to Operate Button with seat bar up the brakes will release to drive and loader functions will remain locked.