If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #41  
theoshin said:
DEMAND A NEW UNIT. FOR WHAT THEY ARE CHARGING FOR THESE UNITS
YOU SHOULD FEEL ENTITLED TO A NEW UNIT. MY FAMILY MANUFACTURES HYDROLICALLY POWERED HEAVY ROAD DEMOLITION EQUIPMENT AND METAL IN THE SYSTEM IS A RECEIPT FOR FUTURE PROBLEMS. ABSOLUTELY NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO NOT GIVE IN TO BOBCAT.

I WONDER IF BOBCAT WILL LET OUT THE NUMBERS OF THE POTENTIALLY BAD UNITS???

THEODORE
theoshin
Thank you so much for letting me know about the future of machines with metal in their system. I know they have called in the manufacturer of this part but I have no idea how many units are involved or what they plan to do. I know what I plan to do. I agree with you, I have a lot of money invested in this equipment and here I sit on a beautiful mowing day and a horse barn to clean and no unit. I have really come to depend on the Toolcat. It's a great piece of equipment when it functions! I will keep you posted. fresh2ob

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #42  
Bobcat called me back and said my unit had been repaired. They said they had cleaned out all the metal, replaced all of the necessary parts and are bringing it back tomorrow. They told me I wouldn't have any more problems with it. We had already told them we didn't want the unit back. They are now going "higher up". Thanks again for the advice. fresh2ob

Last edited:
   / If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #43  
they would need to replace quite a few parts but possible.

ts

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #44  
spoke with bobcat today
one batch of drive pistons bad from one of 3 suppliers in early run of "c" model. No way to track which machines got these as they were mixed with others on manufacturing line. Supplier also not aware of which batch was bad. Can only wait and see. Per bobcat only a small number are felt to have been bad.

ts

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #45  
theoshin said:
spoke with bobcat today
one batch of drive pistons bad from one of 3 suppliers in early run of "c" model. No way to track which machines got these as they were mixed with others on manufacturing line. Supplier also not aware of which batch was bad. Can only wait and see. Per bobcat only a small number are felt to have been bad.

ts
The drive pistons that you describe, those are in the hydraulic system? Do the know approximately how many units were affected?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #46  
I have had two in a row of the bad ones. I hope if I get another unit it won"t happen again!! It's a frustrating experience. If Bobcat expects us to accept these units after the repair I believe they should offer some kind of longterm warranty. I would hate to have future problems that I would have to pay for because of the consequences of this defect. fresh2ob

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #47  
bobcat says frequency is a "handfull" of early toolcats.

took my hydro oil filter off today - at 31 hours no metal - strained the oil in the filter - clean.

the toolcat is soo handy around the property. with my 1 ton chevy 2 yard dump truck we can get a lot done. the broom is handy for clean up too!

ts

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #48  
Just had to bump this up to the top. My machine was having trouble with hills and was driving 1/3rd slower than normal after 100 hours.

They checked and found metal in the filter.

What is the status of any other machines out there that had this problem. Has it been fixed correctly by just changing the motors or did they give you a new machine?

Thanks dylan

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #49  
UFM82 said:
I can give you all the info.

UFM82
I have a couple questions I am hoping you guys can answer for me. First off I have orange groves and am looking for a replacement for my Kawasaki Mule. First off when checking irrigation, it is not uncommon to get on and off every 20 feet or so. With the open mule this works out good as you can just leave running and in gear, you can step off, fix the jet, and step back on give it some gas and you move to the next trouble spot. My question is are the doors removeable? Can they just be lifted off when not wanted or are they solidly mounted? Also can I leave the toolcat in gear idiling like this and just step on and give it some gas to move to the next spot?

The other question I have is I noticed it has an engine throttle like a tractor, however can it also maintain a steady speed using that throttle? The applicaiton I have in mind here is to hang a spray boom off the front to do spraying with. I would need to maintain a steady speed to keep my mixtures right per acre.

Thanks for help guys I am looking to purchase something after the first of the year and may have other questions as well.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #50  
I'm not sure about the doors, so I'll let someone else answer that. The Toolcat has a cruise control button, so maintaining the same speed is not a problem. You get to the speed you want and then press the button.

The gear question may be a little complicated. On the Toolcat, you have the throttle control, which you mentioned, a lever that selects forward, neutral, and reverse, and the drive pedal. Taking your foot off the drive pedal will stop the Toolcat and you can get out without doing anything else. But when you get back on, you will need to move the lever to neutral then back to forward or reverse to move on. The throttle (and engine rev) can remain at the same setting through the whole process.