If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #491  
on the bobcat 590 the auxiliary hydraulic switch is press once for standard and twice for high flow

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #492  
Thanks ill give that a shot and see what happens.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #493  
Hi I was wondering if you guys would be able to help figure out if my toolcat has hi flow or not. I have a 2010 toolcat 5600 d series. Doesnt say hi flow on the ram up front buy i believe the previous owner re painted it at one point. How am i able to determine if its hi flow or not.

Mine has a switch on the console near the armredt that lights up when you switch to high flow. 2011 f series. Just a Google switch

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #494  
looking at a 2004 with just under 700 hours. are there any special procedures that i need to know to test the drive motors or anything else before i go look at this machine?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #495  
Good Afternoon, I am new to the forum. I will ask my question and give what information I think may helpful in diagnosing my problem. I have a 2008 Toolcat which I pruchased used last fall. I have never owned a Toolcat before but I had it throughly inspected before I purchased it. My main reason for buying the Toolcat was to use it clearing snow from our 1 mile driveway. At the beginning of last fall all function were operational. During the winter I believe that I lots use of the high flow hydraulics. When I try to switch to high flow the indicator light does not illuminate, I do not feel any change in rpm's or see that the toolcat throws further than in standard flow. I am not a mechanic, I do not know much about hydraulics but I have tried to diagnose my issues which I see as: Is the high flow actually working and I am unaware of it. Why does the high flow indicator light not illuminate when I try to engage the high flow option when using my snowblower. How can I best determine if I have an electrical issue or a mechanical issue? Actions I have taken: I have checked all the fuses in the two cab fuse boxes. I have removed the cowling so that I can get at the electrical connections inside the cab and have tested those using a test light and they seem to work properly (except for the switch light not illuminating.) Prior to this I purchased a new High flow switch and installed that and it did not make any difference (no light, no change in flow.) I still have the cowling removed but would like to put it back together in the next couple of days unless someone has a suggestion. Feel free to ask me any questions and thank you for the help. Steve

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #496  
looking at a 2004 with just under 700 hours. are there any special procedures that i need to know to test the drive motors or anything else before i go look at this machine?

Is it a Series A or Series B?

Here is some info from an old thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/toolcat/67393-vs-b-vs-c-series.html

And the SN breakdown:

SN - Series.JPG

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #497  
Good Afternoon, I am new to the forum. I will ask my question and give what information I think may helpful in diagnosing my problem. I have a 2008 Toolcat which I pruchased used last fall. I have never owned a Toolcat before but I had it throughly inspected before I purchased it. My main reason for buying the Toolcat was to use it clearing snow from our 1 mile driveway. At the beginning of last fall all function were operational. During the winter I believe that I lots use of the high flow hydraulics. When I try to switch to high flow the indicator light does not illuminate, I do not feel any change in rpm's or see that the toolcat throws further than in standard flow. I am not a mechanic, I do not know much about hydraulics but I have tried to diagnose my issues which I see as: Is the high flow actually working and I am unaware of it. Why does the high flow indicator light not illuminate when I try to engage the high flow option when using my snowblower. How can I best determine if I have an electrical issue or a mechanical issue? Actions I have taken: I have checked all the fuses in the two cab fuse boxes. I have removed the cowling so that I can get at the electrical connections inside the cab and have tested those using a test light and they seem to work properly (except for the switch light not illuminating.) Prior to this I purchased a new High flow switch and installed that and it did not make any difference (no light, no change in flow.) I still have the cowling removed but would like to put it back together in the next couple of days unless someone has a suggestion. Feel free to ask me any questions and thank you for the help. Steve

If you are going to troubleshoot it yourself, you need a good multimeter and the service manual.

My guess is that there is a electric solenoid operated valve that activates high flow. Make sure the wires didn't get pulled off of it.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #498  
If your snow thrower is a Bobcat is it a high flow attachment?? Controller will not allow you to turn on high flow if it is not. Disconnect ACD cable and see if light comes on when activated.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #500  
as mentioned if its a bobcat blower and set up for high flow when you plug in the 7pin connector it automatically lights up.. so understanding the blower you are using is a big component of troubleshooting if there is even an issue..